Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

H3 door locks

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 05:55 AM
Default H3 door locks

Did a search but have found nothing on this. My 2005 H3 locks the doors when placed in gear. The manual only allows a couple of variations. I would like to disable the function. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards
Lisa M. Stewart

Old 04-10-2009, 09:40 AM
Thumbs down

it's a safety feature, do u not wana be safe, u will be regretting it when u are at a red light and some one rips u out of the car and takes off with it. but guess u dont care if some stranger drives your ride, cant tell u cause then u can hold me liable when something bad happens and there's a lawsuit i don't need,let some 1 else help he he he he he he he he

Old 04-10-2009, 11:17 AM

My 06 H3 5spd auto locks after rolling over 12-15mph. It used to set to unlock the doors after I turn off engine. I disabled that reason that I can see some dangers of anyone wanting to get into your vehicle while your still in it.

Old 04-10-2009, 06:52 PM

if your aware of your surroundings ie a good driver you simply hit the lock button and magically they lock, you can un lock them also but this is old tech. i dont want a computer satelite nothin installed on mine, i can lock my own dam doors lol

Old 02-20-2010, 11:19 AM
Angry Door lock peroblem

My probllem is similar, while driving and for no obvious reason a bell alarm (similar to seat belt alarm) rings and the door locks keep activating. Been back to the dealer several times and they can't fix it. The dealer has removed the remote start, changed the starter and removed alarm. I only have this used 08 H3A since Christmas and I am ready to return it to the dealer. Unfortunately my wife loves the car and is attached to it.

Old 02-20-2010, 02:33 PM

I wish I could disable the auto locking feature on my 06 h2. I hate them locking automaticly. My 03 would let me chose if I wanted them to auto lock. No such luck on the 06. I would also like to disable my seat belt chime.

Old 02-20-2010, 04:33 PM
Banned
Default learning to love, it

with a spare key hidden and one in my wallet,let it lock when i get out for the mail!! also thinking of hiding a spare remote in a zip lok bag.

i need to fix it so only my door unlocks in park,NOT ALL FOR SOMEONE TO GET IN!!! and when i clik open in walmart lot ,,just my door please, thank you...

sooo im going to look at my little inst book and go mess around, thanks for reminder.

tom

Old 08-14-2011, 10:19 AM

I have the same problem. Did you ever find out what the cause was? Any suggestions would help.

Old 08-14-2011, 10:51 AM
Banned
Default no "down n dirty"!

i dont want a computer satelite nothin installed on mine, i can lock my own dam doors lol
i tend to agree, but i let only the driver unlock.
it dosent look like they "give you" full control,other than ?
i dont think u can pull fuses and still have remote,or any electric lock. no plain old.
the wiring gets very messy in the control ckts,hard too beat.

on further looking, there are two wires from body control module; lock,unlock. they feed to a "logic" block in the door lock and window sw driver. if they were opened,,,???its possible that ooops,,,no remote. thats the catch . thats the auto lock,AND remote. if u did it u gotta use the ,,,key,,oh no
i have yet to see where the remote keyless receiver is. it is messy

Last edited by drtom; 08-14-2011 at 11:37 AM.
Old 09-28-2019, 12:09 PM

I know this is old but did you ever get it fixed?

Quick Reply: H3 door locks