Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

H3 at the dealer AGAIN for creaking noise/Anyone have this??

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 06:08 AM

High pitched squeaking from the back could be the spare tire mount. I've read that here on the forum, and sure enough when I investigated on my H3 it was the spare mount.
I do get that low frequency growling noise from the brakes, and one time I jammed the brakes on and got a very load bang from the rear.

How about having the H3 sit idle, engine off and have some one rock it side to side and up and down, any creaking then?

Old 07-23-2009, 12:05 PM

I don't think it is the tire carrier. My H3T will make the creaking noise when I am driving in parking garages or in neighborhoods when there are small bumps in the road. If it has been driven for awhile it doesn't seem to happen. So it seems there is a bushing or mount that needs to be lubricated more.

Old 07-23-2009, 09:38 PM

Oops, my bad, it wasn't the spare tire rack but the jack assembly, it does squeak.
The other noises I have too sound like what you describe, suspension.

Old 08-02-2009, 11:31 AM

i had the same problem.. turned out i was stuck locked but my light on the dash said it was off.. dealer fixed it free

Old 08-02-2009, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by JensH3
Hi H3 is back home....WITHOUT THE NOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I swear I thought I was doomed. Here is what my Service Receipt says:

(Customer reports grinding noise when stopping)
TECH RESURFACED REAR ROTORS PER SERVIVE BULLETIN THEN TEST DROVE TO VERIFY REPAIRS

(customer reports creek/klunk noise at low speed when stopping and turning)
CAUSED BY DRY BODY BUSHINGS ON BOTH SIDES
RR/RPL BODY PAD/BOLT
TECH LUBED BODY BUSHINGS ON BOTH SIDES

I hope this helps someone because I know how frustrating this has been for months. I could see if it had 100,000 miles but it only has 14,500 so this type of back and forth mystery BS gets old.

This sounds like the same problem I had on my 07 H3
I ended up crawling underneath and spraying some silicone on all four rubber body mounts. This seemed to solve the problem and I never took it to the dealer.
After long trips off road, this is my standard treatment for cleaning the truck and getting it street presentable.
Glad the dealer has you back squeakless.

Old 08-30-2010, 04:04 PM

I guess its time to bring mine if for to have the body bushings lubed as well. Took it off roading and the creaking went away completely. Now, a month later, its back and louder than ever.

Old 08-30-2010, 04:07 PM

Time to get mine to the dealer. Creaking got really bad, went off roading a bit and it completely went away. Now it is back and even louder. So annoying.

Old 08-31-2010, 11:53 AM

Hi....I know it's a total pain. The dealer finally changed all the bushings. The creaking stopped. It had other issues it seemed all the time.
I traded 2 months ago for an H2 and I love it. Seems to be so much less problematic. Good luck...I hope they can diagnose it and fix it for you asap.

Old 08-31-2010, 01:06 PM

My 07 H2 had/has the same body creaking noise. Had all of the frame /body bushings replaced. Seems better but once in awhile you will hear it. This problem came about after the first time I took it off-road.

Old 08-31-2010, 02:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by JensH2
Hi H3 is back home....WITHOUT THE NOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I swear I thought I was doomed. Here is what my Service Receipt says:

(Customer reports grinding noise when stopping)
TECH RESURFACED REAR ROTORS PER SERVIVE BULLETIN THEN TEST DROVE TO VERIFY REPAIRS

(customer reports creek/klunk noise at low speed when stopping and turning)
CAUSED BY DRY BODY BUSHINGS ON BOTH SIDES
RR/RPL BODY PAD/BOLT
TECH LUBED BODY BUSHINGS ON BOTH SIDES

I hope this helps someone because I know how frustrating this has been for months. I could see if it had 100,000 miles but it only has 14,500 so this type of back and forth mystery BS gets old.
Excellent news! THanks for posting that for other HUMMER owners!

Quick Reply: H3 at the dealer AGAIN for creaking noise/Anyone have this??