Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   Hummer H3 (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/hummer-h3-17/)
-   -   H3 Cabin Air Filter (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/hummer-h3-17/h3-cabin-air-filter-2097/)

skeeet 10-19-2006 04:32 AM

RE: H3 Cabin Air Filter

My Subaru has a cabin filter and the my Z06 out runs dust. Seems like an off road vehicle would need a cabin filter more than an on road vehicle.

Dennis 10-19-2006 11:15 AM

RE: H3 Cabin Air Filter

I can tell a difference with the dust accumulation on the dash and stuff in the H3, compared to the JAG and Land Rover which have/had the Pollen filter..I just keep a painter's tack cloth in the cubby for the little touch ups.:D

Charlotte R. Barnes Payne 01-07-2020 03:53 AM

I need a Cabin Air Filter compartment installed is it possible?

Originally Posted by HummerGuy (Post 18955)
Ha yeah sure, driving around with a Teddy Bear in my windshield. It would block my LAPTOP ;-)

I'm talkin about a air filter that is integrated into the blower for the heat and AC. Alot of cars have them. I really wish the H3 had it, but I guess it doesn't. Oh well.

I need a Cabin Air Filter installed in my H3. Is it possible?I am having breathing problems because I don't have a cabin Air Filter compartment.

TAINTER 01-07-2020 08:22 AM

HOLY COW, BATMAN. 13.25 year old thread.
WE HAVE A WINNER!

I'm sure it's possible, but I haven't ever heard of anyone doing it to an H3. H2, yes, not the H3/H3T.

Doc Olds 01-07-2020 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by Charlotte R. Barnes Payne (Post 368824)
I need a Cabin Air Filter installed in my H3. Is it possible?I am having breathing problems because I don't have a cabin Air Filter compartment.

Found us on Google and just had to dig up this OLD thread?????? Please READ: Old Threads/'Necro-Bumping'

Short of wrapping the entire H3 in foam/cloth filter element...... no. Stick a Swiffer in the vents.

HumbleAg 01-07-2020 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by Charlotte R. Barnes Payne (Post 368824)

http://wendykeller.com/wp-content/up...xygen-mask.jpg

Charlotte R. Barnes Payne 01-07-2020 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by TAINTER (Post 368832)
HOLY COW, BATMAN. 13.25 year old thread.
WE HAVE A WINNER!

I'm sure it's possible, but I haven't ever heard of anyone doing it to an H3. H2, yes, not the H3/H3T.

Thanks, the reason I need it is because I spend hours in my truck now.

Charlotte R. Barnes Payne 01-07-2020 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by HumbleAg (Post 368840)

Ha, ha, ha, ha, well I can't put a covering over my face, I may scare the heck out of my customers, when they get in the vehicle they may say, "what in the world do she have?!" I use my truck to drive for Uber now...

TAINTER 01-07-2020 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by Charlotte R. Barnes Payne (Post 368848)
Ha, ha, ha, ha, well I can't put a covering over my face, I may scare the heck out of my customers, when they get in the vehicle they may say, "what in the world do she have?!" I use my truck to drive for Uber now...

HUH? You have "breathing problems", yet you drive for Uber?
So people unknown to you get into your vehicle with god knows what they are emitting from their clothes, hair, bags, breath, etc into your vehicle.
Might I suggest finding a different line of work if you have "breathing problems".

Charlotte R. Barnes Payne 01-07-2020 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by TAINTER (Post 368852)
HUH? You have "breathing problems", yet you drive for Uber?
So people unknown to you get into your vehicle with god knows what they are emitting from their clothes, hair, bags, breath, etc into your vehicle.
Might I suggest finding a different line of work if you have "breathing problems".

I didn't have a problem with my breathing "before" I started driving for Uber in my truck, but you have a point. I am open to several smells etc. I just don't know anyone else who is driving with their "different" vehicle who is having a problem with the air. I even used a rental from Lyft for a whole month and didn't have a problem with my breathing or the air.

Thanks for your suggestion because I was actually thinking I may not be able to drive for Uber in my truck anymore.