PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H-3 pulls right-left when braking

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 10:38 AM
CJI
Default H-3 pulls right-left when braking

I wondered if anyone had issues with their H-3 pulling to the right or left when braking. Runs straight and aligned. Only happens when I apply the brakes. It usually starts to pull right then left then evens out. Feels like a hydraulic problem. I suspect the front caliper brake hoses. Getting ready to replace both hoses and the front pads which are about 2/3 worn anyway. Its a 2008 H-3 about 80k miles.

Back in the day when I used to own a repair shop saw this on some of the vehicles I repaired. Porsche 911's seemed to be always having problems. The hoses would swell up inside and brake fluid not passing as it should to the calipers. Wonder if anyone has seen this on the H-3's.

Now a days with ABS and all the electronics could be more complicated.

Any advise or info greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Old 11-29-2012, 02:15 PM
rsc

If it alternates L-R during the same stop it might be the tires passing over changes in the crown of the road or ruts in the road coming up to a stop. I would also look at steering and suspension bushings. The steering rack isn't busted/loose at the mounts is it?

Old 12-10-2012, 10:54 PM
CJI

Good points. Appreciate the feedback rsc. Tires were changed from OEM size to all terrain oversize and front end torsion bar lift... problem started a few weeks after all that. Will check for suspension/steering bushing wear also. Didn't notice anything obvious when last looked. Need to actually take a bar to some of them to check for any play... Did replace the brake hoses and pads over the weekend and seems to have made a difference. Very straight braking first 200 miles but now started to feel some pull on braking again. Now seems more to left then right and not as abrupt.

It does alternate from one side to the other on the same stop.

Thank you for the reply and info. Greatly appreciated.