Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   Hummer H3 (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/hummer-h3-17/)
-   -   Gm performance exhaust on eBay (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/hummer-h3-17/gm-performance-exhaust-ebay-26899/)

nijoma 02-07-2012 02:29 PM

Gm performance exhaust on eBay

Great deals if interested, I just picked up a GM performance cat back for my 08 Alpha 275.00 shipped. These use to list for around 1000.00. There were some for the 5cyl. cheap but the tips were not included which I don't really care for the tips because off road they will get beat up anyway.

nijoma 02-07-2012 07:32 PM

Place is in Texas

I have no affliation it's called frankkentoutlet parts, just read carefully since the tips are not always included.

Hummphrey 02-07-2012 09:08 PM

Yea they ship super quick too. I just purchased the touring exhaust for my I5 from the same Ebayer. They only have the Touring for the I5's and Performance for the V8's.
I havent received it yet but it should be here tomorrow! :D

5 Fans 02-07-2012 09:12 PM

My brother (Saleen - screen name) purchased one just over a week ago for his H3T and he already has it installed. He loves it.

5 Fans 02-07-2012 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by Hummphrey (Post 271469)
Yea they ship super quick too. I just purchased the touring exhaust for my I5 from the same Ebayer. They only have the Touring for the I5's and Performance for the V8's.
I havent received it yet but it should be here tomorrow! :D

Please let me know your thoughts on the exhaust for the I5 because I was thinking of the same one for mine. I don't want the drone though.

Hummphrey 02-07-2012 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by 5 Fans (Post 271472)
Please let me know your thoughts on the exhaust for the I5 because I was thinking of the same one for mine. I don't want the drone though.

Will do. Im hoping to have time to put it on tomorrow as soon as I get it. Im going to try to get a sound clip of before/ after and post it. At the latest I'll get to it this weekend.

mattp_160 02-07-2012 09:35 PM

Is it these-
NEW GM ACCESSORY 17802015 CAT BACK EXHAUST SYSTEM HUMMER H3 2006 - 2008 NO TIPS | eBay
also what do they mean by no tips. is it just a pipe going back not any fancy chrome? you could always buy the tips at autozone

58Bisc 02-07-2012 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by 5 Fans (Post 271472)

I love it. I just ordered a set of tips for the L5 touring system from the same place. Great service and very fast delivery. I bought the system from them a month or so ago. The exhaust is a very quick install and a direct bolt in. Everything is included. It has a nice mellow tone, but like all after market systems it can have a bit of a drone on the highway. If you ask me, there is no need for tips and if you go off road you are better off without them. I bought the tips because they gave me such a deal and I don't go off road. I put pictures on another thread (if I remember correctly it is the tire thread) of the system installed without tips.

nijoma 02-08-2012 01:10 AM

Yes

Originally Posted by mattp_160 (Post 271475)
Is it these-
NEW GM ACCESSORY 17802015 CAT BACK EXHAUST SYSTEM HUMMER H3 2006 - 2008 NO TIPS | eBay
also what do they mean by no tips. is it just a pipe going back not any fancy chrome? you could always buy the tips at autozone

I saw a post on here that someone else ordered from them

nijoma 02-08-2012 01:14 AM

I wanted the touring but they have performance on for the v8

Originally Posted by 58Bisc (Post 271478)
I love it. I just ordered a set of tips for the L5 touring system from the same place. Great service and very fast delivery. I bought the system from them a month or so ago. The exhaust is a very quick install and a direct bolt in. Everything is included. It has a nice mellow tone, but like all after market systems it can have a bit of a drone on the highway. If you ask me, there is no need for tips and if you go off road you are better off without them. I bought the tips because they gave me such a deal and I don't go off road. I put pictures on another thread (if I remember correctly it is the tire thread) of the system installed without tips.

I can always drop my stock resonator on to quiet the performance exhaust down just have the muffler shop weld it in.