Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Front sway bar delete from experienced people please..

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2021, 09:25 AM
Super Moderator

I can see it now. H3 driver that removed the front or rear sway bar/ or both so he could "off Road." Loses control swerving for a crazed old lady pulling out in front of him/her unexpectedly, crashes into a bus stop, kills four people waiting for bus. Police.... what happened? H3 Driver, I swerved and lost control. Police inspect vehicle. The attorneys for the victims hire experts to inspect the vehicle. Conclusion, H3 Driver/owner intentionally removed OEM equipment creating an unsafe vehicle and knowingly drove it on the road.

Results, H3 Driver Insurance Company denies coverage for intentional acts of H3 Driver creating a safety issue within the policy EXCLUSIONS for coverage. Prosecutor charges H3 Driver with manslaughter and/or negligent homicide. H3 Driver now has no insurance for unlimited liability exposure AND is charged with serious criminal felonies. Eventually H3 Driver looses everything and goes to prison.

I'd say that's worth it.

They make these things called sway bar disconnects, so if you just think you got to wheel without sway bars, you can drive it to and from wheeling with sway bars properly connected.

Old 02-17-2021, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
I can see it now. H3 driver that removed the front or rear sway bar/ or both so he could "off Road." Loses control swerving for a crazed old lady pulling out in front of him/her unexpectedly, crashes into a bus stop, kills four people waiting for bus. Police.... what happened? H3 Driver, I swerved and lost control. Police inspect vehicle. The attorneys for the victims hire experts to inspect the vehicle. Conclusion, H3 Driver/owner intentionally removed OEM equipment creating an unsafe vehicle and knowingly drove it on the road.

Results, H3 Driver Insurance Company denies coverage for intentional acts of H3 Driver creating a safety issue within the policy EXCLUSIONS for coverage. Prosecutor charges H3 Driver with manslaughter and/or negligent homicide. H3 Driver now has no insurance for unlimited liability exposure AND is charged with serious criminal felonies. Eventually H3 Driver looses everything and goes to prison.

I'd say that's worth it.

They make these things called sway bar disconnects, so if you just think you got to wheel without sway bars, you can drive it to and from wheeling with sway bars properly connected.
WOW DOC, that was quite a loooooong response just to say.
HEY STUPID DON'T DO IT!

Old 02-17-2021, 03:04 PM

Move over Ben Franklin, Doc's in town.

“For want of a nail, the shoe was lost. For want of a shoe, the horse was lost. For want of a horse, the rider was lost. For want of a rider, the battle was lost. For want of a battle, the kingdom was lost, And all for the want of a horseshoe nail.” Benjamin Franklin

Old 02-17-2021, 05:29 PM

I'd say that's worth it.

For every H3 out of commission + increase in value.

Old 02-18-2021, 10:27 AM

only you can prevent Forrest rollovers.

Old 02-19-2021, 12:48 PM

My 2009 H3T daily driver has had the front swaybar removed for years. The rear I feel is essential to keep but have not had any issues with safety since removing the front. We are on 37s with stock H3x wheels and do not drive slow... Both of our company H3s have not had front sway bars for years as well. Only time I wished we had one was driving through texas on way home from Moab doing 80 mph with roof top tent and all gear in a crosswind. Thing was rocking side to side.

Old 02-19-2021, 02:05 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by atvspeed4
My 2009 H3T daily driver has had the front swaybar removed for years. The rear I feel is essential to keep but have not had any issues with safety since removing the front. We are on 37s with stock H3x wheels and do not drive slow... Both of our company H3s have not had front sway bars for years as well. Only time I wished we had one was driving through texas on way home from Moab doing 80 mph with roof top tent and all gear in a crosswind. Thing was rocking side to side.
Or.......... when that crazed lady pulls out in front of you near the bus stop and you are that H3 Driver.

Getting away with it does not mean it is a good idea in my book.

Old 02-19-2021, 03:48 PM

well, i just say that I'm driving without since many years now and never had any trouble. The 3 lays a bit mor in curves, that's all.Sure i'm not gonna take a round about with 50 mph or so, but for the rest, it don't change the way of driving every day.

Old 02-19-2021, 03:53 PM

Or.......... when that crazed lady pulls out in front of you near the bus stop and you are that H3 Driver.

Getting away with it does not mean it is a good idea in my book.
Ok but the Sway bar will not help when the old lady pulls out in front of a bus stop, only your reflex , the breaks, ABS and your speed. You can put 2 s ways, that will not help

Old 02-19-2021, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by H3Luxembourg
Ok but the Sway bar will not help when the old lady pulls out in front of a bus stop, only your reflex , the breaks, ABS and your speed. You can put 2 s ways, that will not help
check moose test with sway bars connected

Quick Reply: Front sway bar delete from experienced people please..