PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front End "Creak"

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2017, 08:38 AM
Default Front End "Creak"

I'm getting a front end "creaking" noise. I noticed it first when I go over small bumps or brake. When I push down on the hood, I hear the creaking...like an old wooden door or floor kind of sound.

I brought it in to a shop and they inspected the shocks and ball joints (which I replaced 2 months ago) and said those all look fine. They also did a front brake servicing (which was due anyways), but that didn't make any difference.

When I push down on the front end with the hood open, it seems to be from somewhere down in the engine cavity or underneath the engine cavity.

Any ideas of what this could be? Truck drives normally....I'm thinking a bushing somewhere maybe? Or something just needing to be lubed up after a long winter and recent hot temperatures?

Old 06-14-2017, 09:28 AM
Super Moderator

Pretty common with Torsion Bar front suspensions, the T Bars get rusty (dirty, dusty, cruddy) where they connect to the lower A Arms and Frame Crossmember, they make a racket when dry. Did you ever notice it doing that in the rain?

Go to a spray wash and clean up the front suspension and T Bar adjusting bolt area.

Old 06-22-2017, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by jman1335
I'm getting a front end "creaking" noise. I noticed it first when I go over small bumps or brake. When I push down on the hood, I hear the creaking...like an old wooden door or floor kind of sound.

I brought it in to a shop and they inspected the shocks and ball joints (which I replaced 2 months ago) and said those all look fine. They also did a front brake servicing (which was due anyways), but that didn't make any difference.

When I push down on the front end with the hood open, it seems to be from somewhere down in the engine cavity or underneath the engine cavity.

Any ideas of what this could be? Truck drives normally....I'm thinking a bushing somewhere maybe? Or something just needing to be lubed up after a long winter and recent hot temperatures?
you have a crunk when turn or stopping and starting?