Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Floorboard & a/c wet. NO SUNROOF

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2020, 08:18 PM

Butchered hvac case.
The case when sealed will drain through the firewall:

Old 12-15-2020, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by hummerz
Butchered hvac case.
The case when sealed will drain through the firewall:

Does the drain have a rubber hose that does a 90 degree turn, if so I did locate that one. All is clear there. I wonder it the foam around the top failed and is allowing water past it into the box?

Old 12-15-2020, 08:27 PM

If it leaks in against the firewall, replace the case mount seals:

Old 12-15-2020, 08:28 PM

If it leaks in against the firewall, replace the case mount seals:

Sounds like a long tedious fix. But to get it right with now water would be awesome. Do you have a part# for this kit?

Old 12-15-2020, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by Thatsgr8
Does the drain have a rubber hose that does a 90 degree turn, if so I did locate that one. All is clear there. I wonder it the foam around the top failed and is allowing water past it into the box?
Another question, is this a complete dash removal to get to the a/c box to change these parts?

Old 12-15-2020, 08:38 PM

Old 12-15-2020, 09:07 PM

Another question, is this a complete dash removal to get to the a/c box to change these parts?
Yes, you need to remove the hvac case to seal against the firewall. If water leaked into the case it would drain out through the firewall, yet looking at the condition of your case, it could be the source of water intrusion into the cabin.

Old 12-15-2020, 09:10 PM

Yes, you need to remove the hvac case to seal against the firewall. If water leaked into the case it would drain out through the firewall, yet looking at the condition of your case, it could be the source of water intrusion into the cabin.
So you are saying the dash needs to come out all the way or can the a/c box come out from under the pass side? Do you have a part# for this or where I can find it? Thank you for all your help.

Old 12-16-2020, 06:21 AM

I found the part kit. Unfortunately it is no longer available. That is not what I wanted to find. What exactly do the filter covers do? Do they keep out water while allowing air to enter? So my next option is going to be cut the cowl open and build something to channel the water away from those ducts. It's about the only option I can see moving forward. If someone has a better idea, I am all ears.

Old 12-16-2020, 07:43 AM

THAT'S what your Alpha looked like BEFORE you bought it? I would have turned and run!!

Quick Reply: Floorboard & a/c wet. NO SUNROOF