Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Exhaust Resonator Replacement Thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2022, 10:41 PM
Default Exhaust Resonator Replacement Thoughts

Hoping someone can shed some light on whether I’ve got an issue with my resonator structurally or not. As you can see in the picture below, it looks pretty scorched on the underside and I often see condensation on the ground underneath the right side of the H3 when I back out of my garage. I know they have a hole for drainage but curious what others think about the burn mark. Would it impact anything other than the sound? I haven’t gotten down on the ground to inspect it in a while other than to grab these pics because I live in Kansas and its winter. GM dealer in 2015 told me both cats were burned (i replaced the cat+manifold last year) but I don’t know if that’s related.

I also know this has been covered many times on the forum but if this is in fact damaged, what’s the thought on replacement? Dynomax has a straight pipe that replaces the resonator but not sure I’m really looking to make it sound like my neighbor’s 2018 Saleen and do a whole new exhaust system with the resonator delete. Is there any truth to a “performance” resonator or is that even worth it?

2008 H3 with 115,000 miles. Not necessarily on topic but no idle issues while running but have had P0300 and issues with very rough/stalling during startups only since 2014. New iridium plugs, coils are good, new exhaust manifold, new valve cover and intake manifold gaskets, new purge valve, and induction cleaning done 3 days ago.

Threw a shot of the catalytic converter in as well