PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

electrical problem!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 09:43 AM
Default RE: electrical problem!!!!

ORIGINAL: TheGunnyRet

Putting a Voltmeter across the Battery will only tell you what the voltage is. 14.4v means the alternator was charging. A quick test to see if your altenator is okay, disconnect the Positive lead off the Battery while the vehicle is running. It should stay running,and put your Voltmeter leads on it and see your AlternatorOutput. If your engine dies your Alternator is bad.

Doc has a point if you have a bad cell you can have APPARENT Voltage but under a load it causes actuallyhas allot less available voltage, wait "PERSNICKETY"voltages, had to use that.

I'll give a shot, got nothing to lose.

Old 01-06-2008, 01:34 PM

I had the battery load tested today and everything is good, look's like I'll have to bring it to the dealer.

Old 01-06-2008, 01:42 PM

Keep us updated pls

Old 01-10-2008, 04:55 PM

Droped the H3 off this morning at the dealer[][&o], still no news, I will follow up as soon as I know whats wrong.

[hr]

H3 2006 LUX, ARB Locker, Full skid plates, Toyo MT's 35's, Rock sliders, T-Max winch, PIAA lights

Old 01-11-2008, 05:06 PM

Update!!! The problem is the BCM (BODY MODULE CONTROL) they started working on itlate this afternoon so it won't be ready before Monday.

Old 01-14-2008, 09:51 PM

Picked-up my H3 tonight, they fixed the problem, but now I have a new problem,[:@]DUMB *** don't know what the hell did they, I can't unlock the doors with the key pad and also when you shift to park the doors should unlock,they don't......

[hr]

H3 2006 LUX, ARB Locker, Full skid plates, Toyo MT's 35's, Rock sliders, T-Max winch, PIAA lights

Old 01-15-2008, 12:13 AM

Sounds like they didn't fix it? Did it do it when you picked it up? This is a generic list but it provides good insight.

The BCM provides the following features:
• Automatic door locks
• Battery protection
• Chimes
• Compass/mini-trip support
• Courtesy lamps
• BCM diagnostic support
• Door lock inhibit
• Headlamp time delay
• Ignition key lamp
• Illuminated entry
• Instrument panel dimming
• Mechanical instrument cluster support
• Power door locks (with/without remote keyless entry)
• Sliding door memory lock
• Vehicle Theft Security system (VTSS)
• Windshield wipers / washers (front and rear)

Old 01-15-2008, 05:33 AM

ORIGINAL: blackbear

Picked-up my H3 tonight, they fixed the problem, but now I have a new problem,[:@]DUMB *** don't know what the hell did they, I can't unlock the doors with the key pad and also when you shift to park the doors should unlock,they don't......
These are features that are programable to the BCM.... they just didn't finish the job and program 'em. Not sure about the keypad, but instructions for programing the auto unlock are in the owners manual.

Old 01-15-2008, 01:06 PM

That sounds like what they did to me when they replaced my radio, I had no idea the radio controled so many other things.They NEVER reprogramed the dang thing before they returned the truck and when I got home the door chime about blew out your ear drums among other things. The dealer was an hours drive away so I took it to another dealer, told them the problem, and 10 minutes later it was fixed. Seems like the other dealers "wrench" was trying to maximize his flat rate time sped through the job without completing the set up. Guess who's NOT going back to dealer #1 again?

Old 01-16-2008, 10:48 AM

These people are idiots!! I was told to look in my manual on how to program personal preferences, I will be dam well surprised to see a section on how to program the door locks to unlock when put in park. I'm waiting for the service manager to call back!!![/align]

Quick Reply: electrical problem!!!!