PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EGR Bug Shield

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 07:28 PM
Default EGR Bug Shield

I do lots of night driving in the northern forrest of Saskatchewan and cannot stand having to clean my windshield of bug every half hour to be able to see. Do any of the members here use the EGR bug shield

http://www.autoanything.com/deflecto...0A2021391.aspx

Is this worth getting?

Old 10-31-2011, 08:26 PM

Honestly, I looked into getting it a few years ago, I have had a bug shield on every truck I have owned w/ the exception of my pro street S10, I got the Hummer and saw the limited market on these. A one time member named Rhill20 (Rich) no longer has his H3 and had it, totally talked me out of it. He had a rock chip and numerous bug hits on the way to Rausch Creek ORV... WITH it on!

I would try to fab and old school flat style/ big rig approach before ever getting that one...

Just my .02 free of charge

Old 10-31-2011, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by slateblueh3
I do lots of night driving in the northern forrest of Saskatchewan and cannot stand having to clean my windshield of bug every half hour to be able to see. Do any of the members here use the EGR bug shield

2006 Hummer H3 EGR Bug Shields - 600+ Reviews on EGR Clear, Smoke & Carbon Fiber Hood Bug Shields - AeroWrap & SuperGuard High Profile Deflectors

Is this worth getting?
Yes, I have one and it does work. It wasn't that expensive
I painted mine body color to make it blend in more

Attached Thumbnails EGR Bug Shield-avitar.jpg  
Old 10-31-2011, 08:36 PM

Thanks for the advice, that was one of the problems i thought about, the h3 bug shield seems to be at such a small angle against the hood compared to the one on my ol' dodge that seems to help a whole bunch.

Looks good wfturner!

Last edited by slateblueh3; 10-31-2011 at 08:38 PM.
Old 10-31-2011, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by slateblueh3
Thanks for the advice, that was one of the problems i thought about, the h3 bug shield seems to be at such a small angle against the hood compared to the one on my ol' dodge that seems to help a whole bunch.
It does cut down on the bugs and light debris. It is better than nothing and that's why I bought it
Like you, these H3 windshields seem to attract everything, but women and money

Bug Shield | Bug Deflector | Hood Shield | EGR AeroWrap Bug Shields

Old 10-31-2011, 08:41 PM

Like you, these H3 windshields seem to attract everything, but women and money

Hehe, it seems that way!

Old 10-31-2011, 08:51 PM
Banned
Default clean my windshield of bug every half hour to be able to see.

think of the ones u dont see, same amount packing your radiator full,AND drying out like epoxy!,quicker than your windshield!
i noticed the screen wire i put in last spring is ready to be tossed for a new one,its full of junk. the rad is still like new.

Old 10-31-2011, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by drtom
think of the ones u dont see, same amount packing your radiator full,AND drying out like epoxy!,quicker than your windshield!
i noticed the screen wire i put in last spring is ready to be tossed for a new one,its full of junk. the rad is still like new.
so where do you get the screen wire from, what size and how did you mount it? thanks~

Old 11-01-2011, 12:26 AM
Banned

u can buy window screen at any hdwe store. i use left over or scrap from old screen doors. just measure roughly,roll it sneak it in through the grill and mess around till u get it flat?,,in front of rad. takes some effort but really catches a lot of junk,gunk,debris. i sure wouldnt get into mud without it!!

Old 11-01-2011, 08:32 AM

so how do you secure it to the radiator so it doesnt slip or fall off?

Quick Reply: EGR Bug Shield