PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drove an Alpha this morning...

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 07:52 AM
Default Drove an Alpha this morning...

Showed up to work this morning to find two new H3 Alphas in my parking spot. Sooo... I just had to move them.

Not to mention when you start it it sounds like a huge Escalade and the power is incredible. You barely hit the gas pedal and your rocketing down the road with no effort at all. But really, other than the V8 the only other difference would be the cast iron diff and the headrests and steering wheel have the Alpha Badge.

If you love your H3 but wich it had more power, the alpha is your answer!

Old 07-12-2007, 07:53 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Drove an Alpha this morning...

I'll take one please So, if we go off-roading on Sunday, you are going to bring it right

Old 07-12-2007, 08:09 AM

Sure!

Old 07-12-2007, 09:44 AM

Very nice. I am waiting for the dealership i work at to get one in. I am trying to decided between a used 06 vette or the H3 Alpha. Did either of the alphas you get in have the locking rear diff?

Old 07-12-2007, 11:54 AM

Oh I wish! I was talking to a dealer about upgrading to an Alpha from my current lease... Doesn't sound promising. I'd basically have to roll every dime owed on my current lease into the Alpha and pay that on top of the Alpha's price... Ouch!

Old 07-12-2007, 11:56 AM
Super Moderator

That's a damn shame, since I have a lease as well I'd honestly rather keep my original '06 H3 and by the CIA and Exhaust system then trade it in. I'm too attached to this hunk-o-junk DOH!

Old 07-12-2007, 03:10 PM

Neither Alpha was the adventure package but we have 3 of them on the way. The new skid plates are decent and you only have to remove one now to change the oil. The oil filter is very easy to get to on the V8. It's right at the bottom next to the drain plug.

Suspension looks beefier and the front diff is cast iron. The logo on the steering wheel and headrests are pretty cool. It's VERY tempting to want to upgrade but I still have a year left on mine. It just gives me something to look forward too!

Old 07-12-2007, 03:38 PM

I also drove the Alpha. Yes from the moment you start it, the sound is great and you can tell it obviously has more power but it still is no speed demon (i think he exagerated a little... lol). Plus i have no need for a V8 because I don't tow anything that heavy. You also lose about 3 mpg. I'll stick with my I-5!! But that's just me!!

Old 07-12-2007, 03:48 PM
Super Moderator

Bastards............................

Old 07-12-2007, 06:16 PM

Not trying to hijack this thread, but does anyone know for sure if the cast iron diff is a straght swap for our alu CI's? Also, can our geras be reused?
thanks...

Quick Reply: Drove an Alpha this morning...