Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Door chime when pressing unlock button

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2019, 02:54 PM
Default Door chime when pressing unlock button

Hi All:

I have searched and searched but cannot find discussion about my exact issue.

We bought a new car and had our H3 sitting for a month without using it (really bad I know). Last week my dad was visiting so we tried to start it but not enough juice, so then we tried jumping. That didn't work and the battery ended up completely dead, with the spare key in the ignition. Because of the electronic ignition we couldn't get the spare out. We pulled the battery out, charged overnight, and it started up no problem so we took it out on the freeway and all was good; plus we got the key out. The only thing is that now the driver's window and power door locks do not work.

I have gone through a variety of troubleshooting from checking fuses #8 and #68 and the ignition fuse, touching the battery cables together, pulling out the power window unit and reseating the conduction rubber layer ... Nothing seems to fix the issue. Only code being thrown is the same one that was there before (Thermostat). The odd thing is when I press the lock/unlock button the vehicle starts chiming, like it thinks the key is still in the ignition or something. I don't recall it doing this before the battery died.

Any ideas on what the vehicle is trying to tell me?

Old 02-19-2019, 09:42 AM
Super Moderator

This is a common temporary problem, use the search feature, tons of threads. Also know that when a key gets stuck in the ignition it is GM's way of telling you "Hey... your battery is dead!"

If you drive it, after several ignition cycles, it can resolve itself. If you just cannot wait, remove the master door switch and bring it in from the cold for a while, that has worked for some.

Old 02-19-2019, 11:36 AM
Default Mileage increases

every time we start the car the trip meter and odometer jump up 10 miles. Increasing our mileage artificially. Has anyone else seen this issue?

QUOTE=Doc Olds;358089]This is a common temporary problem, use the search feature, tons of threads. Also know that when a key gets stuck in the ignition it is GM's way of telling you "Hey... your battery is dead!"

If you drive it, after several ignition cycles, it can resolve itself. If you just cannot wait, remove the master door switch and bring it in from the cold for a while, that has worked for some.[/QUOTE]