Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Cargo area

Old 08-13-2018, 10:09 AM
Default Cargo area

is the cargo area in back of the 3 the same for all years? I have found the oem cargo mat, gm# 12498904, that matches my front floor mats but dealer won’t ship to me because they say it won’t fit my 06? It’s just a cargo mat.

Old 08-20-2018, 01:24 AM

What year is it for? Not sure why they still would not ship it to you. Just call back at a different time and say you have whatever year the mat is for, if it’s just a mat and ya really want it? I think they are just concerned you might try and return it. Good luck. Not sure if they are different sorry.

Old 08-20-2018, 01:37 AM

It was on eBay from a gm dealer in FL. I hit “buy it now” and they offered a 5% discount if you sent vin# to them, which I did but received a cancellation notice and refund next day. Ad said for 06-10. Told me it wouldn’t fit, which is bullshidt, I emailed and called with no response. My guess is, mat wasn’t in stock. I have been looking everywhere for this cargo mat, kind like looking for Sasquatch! It will show up one day.

Old 08-20-2018, 08:37 AM

I had a 07' without the Monsoon system and the mat was larger than the mats in my 08' X or my 09' CE that both have the Monsoon. Maybe it is the different panel for the amp/speaker that makes the difference. I still have the larger mat from the 07' and have been using it in the X. It just covers the tie down rings and protects the lower edge of the side panels.

Old 08-21-2018, 10:59 AM

Same OEM mats for ALL years 06-10.
Even the rear panels are the fricking same for ALL years. If you have the Monsoon the driver side panel is the same dimension as the base. Only difference is the speaker "grill" or the cargo box.

What exactly does this mystery mat look like? the part # you have does not register on eBay.
Is it the carpet mat or the thick rubber ribbed mat? If it's the latter I have 2 pretty much brand new up in the attic. I'll sell you one.

EDIT: is it this one? If so, I have 2 pretty much brand new up in the attic. I'll sell you one, PM me.

Old 08-21-2018, 12:07 PM

Hey Tainter,
The larger mat that I have is carpet and identical to the other excep a bit wider. I don't have a "fricking" part number and I can't measure it now because I'm away from home in the Colorado mountains with the CE. When I get home I'll look for a number on it and take some eaurements. What is the difference between the Monsoon cargo box and the non Monsoon box? I assumed that the amp was on the drivers side so there wouldn't need to be a difference on the passenger side. I'm guessing that you are referring to the little lachable box on the passenger side.
thanks

Old 08-21-2018, 04:15 PM

Tainter, that is the one I am looking for, the ribbed rubber one, that doesn’t sound right! The number is the gm oem. I would like to buy one from you. Thanks

Old 08-21-2018, 05:29 PM

I, too, would suspect that they found that it was no longer available (I found a number of OEM parts suppliers that said it was no longer available, as well as few that would allow me to put it in my "cart", but who knows if the sale would have actually gone through). But yes, it would fit; the rear cargo area floor is the same on all years/models of the H3.

Old 08-21-2018, 05:35 PM

I have been on the H3 sites, ordered a few things then get a “order canceled” a few days later. Crazy. eBay has been good if you can find the item. Australia seems to have stuff avail but shipping is redicoulius.

Old 08-22-2018, 10:10 AM
Super Moderator

You could always order the Husky Liner, fits perfect, keeps crud and water contained. Better coverage and containment than the GM ribbed mats hands down.
Love mine, have them throughout.

WeatherTech has similar stuff.

Last edited by Doc Olds; 08-22-2018 at 10:17 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cargo area