Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Anyone using the GStyle H3 Winch Mount Bracket?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 03:14 PM
Question Anyone using the GStyle H3 Winch Mount Bracket?

Guys,

I'm thinking of ordering the G-Style H3 High Mount Winch Bracket and a Warn M6000 winch. Just wondering if anyone here has the G-Style bracket and if they are happy with it.

HUMMER H3 & H3T HIGH-MOUNT CUSTOM WINCH MOUNT BRACKET | eBay

Thanks in advance!

Old 12-22-2011, 03:53 PM

G-Style is just the seller. Those mounts are the famous CBPhoto Winch Mount.
Hummer H3 Winch Mount

They are strong and do the job very well.

Old 12-22-2011, 04:38 PM
Thumbs up

Thanks, Bunger.

He has them at a sale price on ebay for 30 bucks cheaper than on his website (449.00 vs 479.00). Sale on ebay ends in a couple days so I was hoping for positive feedback in time to get the cheaper price.

Looks like the Warn M6000 will mount nicely on the bracket.

WooHoo, my Christmas gift to myself (with the wife's approval, of course)

Old 12-22-2011, 05:41 PM

Ask John(Bunger) about why he switched though Doug

Old 12-22-2011, 05:53 PM
Question

Uh Oh, are you saying there's something I should know (negatively) before I purchase this bracket?

Old 12-22-2011, 05:55 PM

Nothing more than I haven't already told you on fb -

Old 12-22-2011, 06:03 PM

OK, gotcha (Dan)

As I said on fb, this is merely a "dress-up" I'm looking to do. I just want to make sure it won't look like a piece of dung when I'm done. I know I could spend a lot more $$, but for my intents I was hoping to get some positive feedback before pulling the trigger. The $$ left over from this project would sure help with other ambitions I have for our rig.

The plan is the paint the bracket gloss black and clear coat it before mounting everything together.

Old 12-22-2011, 07:53 PM

You'll need something bigger than a 6k winch. The cb mount sits up to high for me

Old 12-22-2011, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by talusfan
You'll need something bigger than a 6k winch. The cb mount sits up to high for me
Ummm DUH! That's why it's called a "HighMount"! In order to keep the OEM approach angle an external winch mount will have to be a "HighMount". If not you will lose the OEM approach angle!

UofM fan, you already stated you will not be taking your H3 OffRoad in other posts. So, What's with the winch and mount? If you do ever need to use it a 6K winch won't do anything with your 5.5K rig!

Anyone who knows their stuff will point and laugh at a 6K winch on the front of an H3 and call you a poser. Sorry, but I know I would.

Old 12-22-2011, 08:37 PM

If it's just for "dress up" w/ a 6K winch, it won't look like "dung".

If on the other hand, you need it for serious recovery situations, then you need a 9K winch.

There are some that say because this plate mounts the winch above the ends of the frame, where the D-rings are, there is a chance of deflecting the whole shelf downward under a heavy pull. The fix for that is Brodie's frame reinforcing plates. The plus side of this high mount is that it keeps the winch high & dry vs. the ones that mount between the frame ends.

I was in a front end crash last month and the plate survived. More than I can say about the other vehicle. I took the insurance money and went with a Thorparts bumper & a Predator S&R brushguard instead of replacing the stock components.

Before

Name:  100_2466.jpg
Views: 988
Size:  119.4 KB

After

Name:  100_2910.jpg
Views: 1797
Size:  89.9 KB

Quick Reply: Anyone using the GStyle H3 Winch Mount Bracket?