PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aloha HF!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 01:06 AM
Default RE: Aloha HF!!

oh also I have no idea how I didn't suck in any water into my intake it could just be because the mud was way too thick to get into anything!! I've done that pit with my old lifted Jeep and didn't suck in water, but a friend who hit the pit right after me sucked in a crap load of water.

When I got home I opened the hood and the engine was covered in thick mud - the video I linked? That time I had so much mud in my engine I broke my alternator and theradiator kept heating up because of all the mud caught between the fins. This time, I made sure I pressure washed everything clean, and it's still all good!!

Seems like the more I wheel the hell out of this thing, the better it runs

Old 01-25-2008, 01:08 AM

ORIGINAL: HummBob

Hey Marc!!

CLEAN THAT RIG!!!!!
I did, i did!!! LOL!! took me a few hours but it's hella clean now! LOL!!

Old 01-25-2008, 05:13 AM

Sweeeeeet. I'm glad all is good! The mud i went through was mainly water. Man I want those tires!!!!!

Old 01-25-2008, 07:49 AM

Thanks for posting the pics, if you didn't say it I would have guessed you got stuck and got pulled out. That's some serious mudding.

Old 01-25-2008, 10:17 AM

ORIGINAL: inked

When I got home I opened the hood and the engine was covered in thick mud - the video I linked? That time I had so much mud in my engine I broke my alternator and theradiator kept heating up because of all the mud caught between the fins. This time, I made sure I pressure washed everything clean, and it's still all good!!
BTDT.... somebody needs to come up with a mud deflector for the alternator.

Nice video.

Old 01-25-2008, 11:05 AM

ORIGINAL: Gunner_45

Dude, you change tires more often than some folks change underwear.

What happened to the IROCS?

How many axles and tie-rods you been through.....? (Got your own supply stash now?)

Good to see you posting again.
I know man, this is my 4th set in less than a year!! The IROKS was good but on the street I swayed all over the place, these new BFG's are awesome on both street and mud so it works for me. I'll be holding on to these for awhile

I'm looking into those beefier tie rods, but the cv shafts I haven't broke any in awhile...and I'm still holding on to the welded rod I have just in case I break it before getting the bullet proof tierods

Old 01-25-2008, 11:34 AM
Super Moderator

WOW, and that is a Greytruck. Sweet vid and pics.

Old 01-25-2008, 07:56 PM

BTW: I uh....sort of know a few people that have shared your alternator pain...........[sm=badbadbad.gif][sm=badbadbad.gif][sm=badbadbad.gif]

You guys sure have some nice wheeling spots over there. I check out your site from time to time just
to see the "Dirty Pictures".

Did you ever enter that rig in any shows like you had mentioned many, many moons ago?

Old 01-25-2008, 09:37 PM

LOL!!! Actually I never did, my sponsors pulled out because corporate said they didn't hit their quota -it was about 20k to enter[:'(]

I am however getting a booth down at Hawaii's version of the SEMA show called The Hawaii Big Boys Showit's basically an event that features guys and their toys - LOL! It is growing and last year's event was pretty damn huge! My rig will not be entering but we will have two trail ready rigs displayed on RTI ramps and my big-*** banner stretched across both rigs Because there will be mostly blinged out, street trucks and cars I wanted some serious trail ready rigs with dents, scratches, fenders cut,exo cages, the works!It gives the public something different to look at -we're displaying a kick-*** CJ8 and a tuff Toyota Truck!

Oh we are also doing the St. Patricks Day Parade - now this will be cool. I was able to get the President of the Parade to allow us to come down completely covered in mud!! So there will be about 7 rigs, parading through the streets of Honolulu and Waikiki covered in North Shore mud - it's going to be a sight to see - LOL!

Old 01-25-2008, 10:08 PM

Man....For some reason I just can't picture .......

Oh hell.... an excuse to party is an excuse to party.....

Why can't there be Irish on the island?

Quick Reply: Aloha HF!!