PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

alarm on anti skid

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 12:30 AM
Default alarm on anti skid

Today when getting ready to go to the post office, I get an alarm 4 dings and flashing letters on the mileage screen saying "no anti skid, service needed". when I come out to leave every things ok, no sign of trouble. told my wife and she said it happenened to her one day during a rain. Has anybody had this problem?

Old 02-07-2006, 09:27 AM
Default RE: alarm on anti skid

Ok is it the nights you guys being drinking too much the the next morning it happing in your head you know sometimes we hear bells

was it both times raining out that most likely to be the problem but not bring it to the dealer

and was it cold out when it was raining

Old 02-07-2006, 11:17 AM

I did not have this problem thus far but with my truck you never know when it will happen hehe, will be good to know what it based no your experiences..... I did however have a problem with the N letter lighted up couple of days ago..... no idea why, its the letter N between the 4wheel drive buttons, it lighted up in Red. I clicked couple of the 4X buttons and it went away.

Old 02-07-2006, 11:43 AM

ORIGINAL: Raffi76

I did not have this problem thus far but with my truck you never know when it will happen hehe, will be good to know what it based no your experiences..... I did however have a problem with the N letter lighted up couple of days ago..... no idea why, its the letter N between the 4wheel drive buttons, it lighted up in Red. I clicked couple of the 4X buttons and it went away.
Raffi..It's real easy to bump those buttons and throw things off kilter...The 4wheel low button will not drop the tansfer case into low while you're moving, but will give the computer fits if you push it while you are moving...

Old 02-07-2006, 10:59 PM

Yo, I wuz pretty fuzzy in da am, them damn bells one time raining and cold the other clear and mild. Dealer is about 70 miles away. I was thinking of calling in for a diagnostic check while it is happenning...

Old 02-08-2006, 09:57 AM

you ever sign up for that free diagnostic check from on star they do a check once a month and let you know if anything if wrong they send you a email

Old 02-08-2006, 10:38 AM

ORIGINAL: OUTLAW

Today when getting ready to go to the post office, I get an alarm 4 dings and flashing letters on the mileage screen saying "no anti skid, service needed". when I come out to leave every things ok, no sign of trouble. told my wife and she said it happenened to her one day during a rain. Has anybody had this problem?
My wife had it happen twice in the past week. Normal driving, dry conditions. We are taking it to the dealer tomorrow. H3 only has 1800 miles. This better not be the start of a host of continual service problems. [>:]

Old 02-09-2006, 01:04 AM

ORIGINAL: G Man

ORIGINAL: OUTLAW

My wife had it happen twice in the past week. Normal driving, dry conditions. We are taking it to the dealer tomorrow. H3 only has 1800 miles. This better not be the start of a host of continual service problems. [>:]
Let us know how you made out

Old 02-09-2006, 12:42 PM

Just talked to my service advisor. He said the problem was a bad "encoder motor". The part is ordered and I should pick up the H3 tomorrow. I also noticed the TC button was inoperable(no light activating on the dash). I guess it must be all realted. I'll try and get a more technical explanation of what the encoder motor does, as well as what may have caused it to fail. I will try and get the part # also, so we will all know what it may cost in the future, when our warranties run out. Again, 1800 miles and it hasn't even been off road yet. I hope it wasn't a mistake to buy the first model year.

Old 02-10-2006, 02:40 PM

Update...the new encoder motor was installed this morning which apparently eliminated the fault condition, but the traction control button is still inoperable. Another part is being ordered, and hopefully I will be picking it up tomorrow. More to come........

Picked it up this evening. The traction control button must be held down for 6 seconds to turn off the function. This is similar to my C5. So, the encoder motor has solved the problem for now. My service writer said he had five H3's in last week(at the same time) for the exact problem. I asked if GM had issued a TSB for the problem, but he could not find one. I was going to try and get the pricing for the motor, but the dealership was busy and I didn't feel like waiting. I have the part number so I can inquire at a later date. The encoder motor mounts to the transfer case and operates the 4wd functions through the controls on the dash.

Quick Reply: alarm on anti skid