Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Airbag light on in instrument cluster

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2020, 08:43 AM
Default Airbag light on in instrument cluster

I have searched the threads and haven't found anything on this one...If there is a thread, please point me to it. Thanks

2006 H3, 118Kmi...My airbag light has been on for over a year and I haven't looking into it.
Brought it to my mechanic and their scanner showed the airbag sensor under my drivers seat as the issue.

I have cleaned the contact points on the connecter with electronics cleaner. Still no luck. In order to get this sensor off I had to unbolt the seat, tip it up and remove the full plate the sensor is attached- because the sensor is actually riveted to this plate.

I am going to try and get the part this coming weekend. I have no idea if I will have to buy the full plate assembly or just the sensor. If its just the sensor- I will have to drill out the riveted original and bolt the new one to the plate. Anyone have any experience with this issue?

Old 01-02-2020, 01:02 PM
Super Moderator

If you would like some options, post the actual SRS code that the scanner shows.

The Air Bag light can be caused by a bunch of things, some independently, and others in combination. Yes I have experience in dealing with H3 SRS issues, but I won't offer a guess without the code. You may already be onto it, or just chasing your tail. IDK.

Good luck.

Old 01-07-2020, 09:16 PM

Yeah, My mechanic troubleshot it to this based on the code. I had to take my seat out to remove it and even then it wasn't that easy to remove. Just ordered the part- couldn't find it anywhere but the dealership. $144

Old 01-07-2020, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by caboman
Yeah, My mechanic troubleshot it to this based on the code. I had to take my seat out to remove it and even then it wasn't that easy to remove. Just ordered the part- couldn't find it anywhere but the dealership. $144
X2, what's the CODE?
Btw, that's a seat position sensor.