Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Aftermarket engine mount

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2023, 01:01 PM
Default Aftermarket engine mount

I need some advice about engine mounts. My engine mounts need to be replaced. The part numbers are 15236456 (left) and 15925797 (right). I was told it's better to replace the transmission mount (p/n 15804744) at the same time. I can't find the GM/AcDelco 15925797. I was wondering is it better to use the original left engine mount and transmission mount and an aftermarket right mount? Or is it better to use the same aftermarket brand mounts for both engine mounts and transmission mount? Any recommendation on a reliable aftermarket mount? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Also does anyone know a good auto mechanic for Hummer H3 in Orange County, CA?
I have a Hummer H3 2007 with 185K miles.

Old 12-02-2023, 01:29 PM
Default Engine mount

I drive 500 miles a month, city miles only. I don’t drive off-road.

Old 12-02-2023, 04:39 PM

Just go w/new stuff if OEM/AC Delco is not available.

Doubtful you'll keep the car long enough for new aftermarket bushings to go bad again.

Old 12-02-2023, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by teahead
Just go w/new stuff if OEM/AC Delco is not available.

Doubtful you'll keep the car long enough for new aftermarket bushings to go bad again.
Thank you. Would you rather mix and match original and after market engine mounts (original left side, aftermarket right side) or use the same aftermarket brand for both sides? The original and aftermarket mounts don't have the exact same material and hardness and I was wondering if this could cause a problem.

Old 12-02-2023, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by smilanchi
Thank you. Would you rather mix and match original and after market engine mounts (original left side, aftermarket right side) or use the same aftermarket brand for both sides? The original and aftermarket mounts don't have the exact same material and hardness and I was wondering if this could cause a problem.
Motor mounts don't fail except when oil leaks on them. Why spend 4xhundred$ for an OEM/ACD LABEL, when aftermarket are the same? Save your yourself some dough and get a set for a lot less @ Rock Auto

Old 12-03-2023, 02:50 AM

Thank you. I appreciate.

Old 12-04-2023, 12:53 PM
Super Moderator

I MOVED this for you. Works like this. ALL H3 Tech Questions go in the........................... H3 Section.

An H3 is like working on any GM Truck, nothing super secret going on.

Good luck on your project.

Old 12-05-2023, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by hummerz
Motor mounts don't fail except when oil leaks on them. Why spend 4xhundred$ for an OEM/ACD LABEL, when aftermarket are the same? Save your yourself some dough and get a set for a lot less @ Rock Auto
I5 motor mounts DO FAIL, I have had several buddies with excessive engine movement due to worn mounts! The isolator material tears.

Old 12-05-2023, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by hummerz
Motor mounts don't fail except when oil leaks on them.
This is not true.

Old 12-05-2023, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by Justinh
This is not true.
Normal driving!
Aggressive driving – Failing to use the clutch correctly or over-revving the engine means the mounts endure more stress. Fluid leaks – If engine oil or other fluids leak onto the mounts, the rubber can weaken.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket engine mount