Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

acts like it wants to stall

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 06:48 AM

For the post asking "what's an idler plate?".

I dunno, I'm not a auto repair junkie. Just informing the uninformed of the description on my repair tag from Arnell Chevrolet. Best bet is to call them. When you find out, let someone else know. Cause I don't care. My truck is running great.

Old 04-01-2011, 09:43 AM

Every care will have these problems with out proper care...Clean the TB, MAF, Fuel Filter, run some BG44k through it. If that doesn't fix it then take it to a pro!

Old 04-04-2011, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by RKH3
For the post asking "what's an idler plate?".

I dunno, I'm not a auto repair junkie. Just informing the uninformed of the description on my repair tag from Arnell Chevrolet. Best bet is to call them. When you find out, let someone else know. Cause I don't care. My truck is running great.
"Cause I don't care" WOW, for 256 bucks I'd want to know what it is! I bet the dealer loves to see you coming, they prob. put out fresh doughnuts and coffee for you while you wait with your credit card/cash in hand!

The "uninformed: as you call them are STILL uninformed! Thanks for the post!

Old 11-06-2011, 09:20 AM
Default Same issue like all of you

Hey guys, I just bought today a used H3 with 50k on it, the truck runs perfect except this issue and I was wondering if this could be a serious problem. I drove it form NY to MA (3.5 hrs) with no issues at all except that it stalled on me in the first 5 min at a red light, and when there's traffic the engine vibrates as it is about to stall but then picks up again.

I took it to a mechanic and they said it could be the air intake and the sensors so I will be changing those this week.

I found some scary replies about water in the engine. Wouldn't that trigger an engine light? cuz mine is not on. However I did notice that the coolant in the radiator was low so I added more and watching it carefully now.

Old 11-06-2011, 09:46 AM
Banned
Default new used h3?

if its 06,read all about it,head trouble.
low water,check tranny fluid, when rads go bad they sometime flood/trash the tranny.
clean intake system as posted many times, many opinions!
get svc history,carfax

Old 11-06-2011, 11:14 AM

What would lead you to believe there is water in the engine? And mud or water in the bottom of the air intake box?

Cleaning of the throttle body and MAF would be a good idea before getting hosed on buying replacements...

Old 11-07-2011, 09:17 AM

It's a 2007 H3.

The reason I am doubting the engine taking water is because I filled up my coolant tank to the max (and just realized that I shouldn't have bc the FULL line is way below) and this morning I see that it emptied half of it all over the place. It could be somethign normal as it was over filled.

I will change the MAF sensor today and see if that solves it, I just wanna be sure it's not something major as I have a 2 weeks insurance on it for defective engine and transmission. I think the fact that the engine light is workign but is not on and the fact that I drove 4 hrs on it w/o any issues guarantees that the engine is fully functional.

Old 11-08-2011, 08:22 AM
Default H3 coolant leaking?

Should the H3 coolant spray all over if it was overfilled? Isn't the tank designed to handle overfilling?

It stable now at the Full line but this makes me doubt that I have some sort of a leak.

anyone?

Old 11-08-2011, 08:36 AM
Banned

drive 10 miles,park,let it idle for10 min. see what drips out/where.

Old 11-08-2011, 08:59 AM

The fill line is for any extra coolant that maybe in the hoses/radiator flowing through the tank while the engine is running. So if you did overfill it the chances of the pressures buildin and causing the cap to pop off, even just a little would be very likely...

Quick Reply: acts like it wants to stall