Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

AC & door lights go out when brake pressed

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2020, 07:49 PM

those illuminate with the cluster which is controlled by the sensor that controls the DRL's and headlights.

Old 04-29-2020, 06:04 AM

Thank you
Well, I looked at the dashboard, in the center and there is no dome. There’s a square insert where one should be, but no dome. Could it have been placed somewhere else?

Old 04-29-2020, 09:50 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Stellabarbara
Thank you
Well, I looked at the dashboard, in the center and there is no dome. There’s a square insert where one should be, but no dome. Could it have been placed somewhere else?
READ the Owner's Manual.

The light sensor is plain as day light (pun intended) on top of the dash over to the passenger side.

Old 04-29-2020, 03:29 PM
Default I’m pretty dumb

yes I read through it. Lol. I guess I am a real dumb blonde. Past right over it twice. I guess now that I know the name of it, I can get it replaced. There’s it is your right , it’s as plain as day light.
thank you for letting me grow in my dumbness. lol. You have to give me credit, at least I am trying to fix my own vehicle.
THANK YOU AGAIN . MORE GIGGLES TO FOLLOW.

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
READ the Owner's Manual.

The light sensor is plain as day light (pun intended) on top of the dash over to the passenger side.

Old 05-01-2020, 12:38 PM

Thank you, but that doesn’t explain the AC **** lights going out, along with the headlight switch and window switch light. They go out and come on too.
OK, I give up. The illumination (lights) on the dash/switches/***** are ALL controlled in the same way that the auto headlights are controlled. If your H3 senses that it is dark outside, those will turn on. If it senses that it is light outside, those will turn off.

Old 05-01-2020, 06:49 PM
Default AC & door lights go out

I understand what your saying, but when it’s dark out I don’t always have lights on the AC *****, window switch, locks and headlight switch. Sometimes they will come on and sometimes they don’t. I was just explaining some of the issues I have made note of.
I think I might need a new DRL sensor or relay ( I have both). I also have a headlight switch/**** panel I will be replacing in the next day or two.
Thank you for helping me. I love my Hummer and want to make sure it stays in good shape and runs good too. Replaced the battery yesterday. The door chimes now work. Lol!
sunroof was leaking, I fixed them a couple weeks ago. Being stuck at home gives me time to work on Big Brother.

Old 05-20-2020, 07:30 PM

Thank you for your help. I ended up replacing the DRL sensor on the passenger side dash. Apparently it was the issue and not operating properly. It fixed the issue and the lights ( all of them) are working now. Thanks again.

Old 05-20-2020, 09:18 PM

Thank you for your help. I ended up replacing the DRL sensor on the passenger side dash. Apparently it was the issue and not operating properly. It fixed the issue and the lights ( all of them) are working now. Thanks again.
Amazing, 4+decades repairing/service advisor with over 100k successful repairs, and never replaced an ambient light sensor.

Old 05-21-2020, 06:51 AM

It was an easy repair. It’s like Murphy’s law. However I call it Stella’s law because I’m a girl. Lol if is going to go bad or not work right, it happens to me. Lol. It was an easy repair. I did also buy a Headlight switch in case it was bad, but didn’t have to use it. I’m happy now.. Thank you for your support.

Old 05-21-2020, 10:36 AM
Super Moderator

Great job Murph. .... err...........Stella.

Quick Reply: AC & door lights go out when brake pressed