Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

ABS Fault, Traction Control Failure, Service Stability System Failure, Service 4WD

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2019, 10:12 AM
Default Traction control failure stab

I just had my brakes master cylinder completely redone at Firestone yesterday not I got a message while driving two blocks to orieleys saying traction control failure /stab. I noticed a comment in here said the battery could be low and I had orieleys test my battery they said it was bad so I bought a new battery. I am still getting the traction control failure message. And my driver window and locks dont work now... FML!

Old 03-02-2019, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by njhusker
Has anyone tried using petroleum jelly between the plugs leading to the transfer case? Just thinking maybe it is getting wet with all the road spray etc.

Just a thought
better yet use dielectric grease, that's what its for

Old 03-03-2019, 10:29 PM

I got a new battery and replaced some fuses...

Old 03-12-2019, 01:18 PM

Your brake switches needs to be adjusted. This happend to me too, snd i sdjusted my brake switches, no more problem.

Old 03-13-2019, 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by Big bad john
Your brake switches needs to be adjusted. This happend to me too, snd i sdjusted my brake switches, no more problem.
Yeah, right. Brake switches
I'm gong to try to be "PC" (PC definition: A way that we speak in America so we don't offend whining pussies)
No such thing as brake switches adjustments.

Old 03-13-2019, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by TAINTER
Yeah, right. Brake switches
I'm gong to try to be "PC" (PC definition: A way that we speak in America so we don't offend whining pussies)
No such thing as brake switches adjustments.
yes, sorry, there is, smh

Old 03-13-2019, 09:30 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Mcssls
yes, sorry, there is, smh
Not on any H3/H3T. The break switch is a sensor #5 that snaps into a retainer clip that snaps into a hole on the brake pedal.... zero adjustment. Located right next to the cruise control sensor (cut off switch) that uses the same retainer clip. Purely plug and play.

The retainer clips have no threads to make any adjustment, just a snap clip that pushes into the hole to fix the sensor to the pedal

Years ago brake switches had threads and a nut which could be tightened or loosened to apply different pressure to the male pin of the switch when the brake pedal was depressed.

Old 03-13-2019, 09:33 AM
Super Moderator

BTW.... this is what happens when people keep digging up OLD threads that had good information. This started 8 years ago, then ..... BS surfaces and creates misinformation.

READ: Old Threads/'Necro-Bumping'

Old 09-22-2019, 01:34 AM

The problem with the "service stab system" error reoccurs on my H3 every year or two. When it happend for the first time, about 7 years ago, i took my Tech2 and read out the error codes. Among other errors there was a message about a problem with the brake switch. I never thought that this could have anything to do with the stab system - error and simply because it seemed to be the cheapest and easiest thing to fix ( 15$ and 5 minutes ) i got a new switch from AC ( witch is very cheaply manufactured indeed ) and installed it. To my suprise the "service stab system" error was gone too directly after changing the switch and stayed away for the next 2 years. When it came up again i could not believe, that the "new" brake switch could cause the problem again and this time there was no error message pointing to the brake switch as well. Simply because i had ordered 2 switches 2 years ago ( i like to stack parts ), i changed the switch again and - the problem was gone again. I have no clue, what causes this problem, but this fix works for me. I'm just about to change the switch for the fourth time and i am sure, that this will end the problem again. What makes it even more strange is the fact that checking the resistance of the two different contacts of the "bad" switches will show no problem at all and both contacts seem to open and close without a problem. Perhaps the two contacts will not close perfectly simultaneously or something... There is a hint to a connection of the brake switch to the stab system error on this link ( https://www.700r4transmissionhq.com/...rak-hummer-h3/ ) as well - without an explanation. I don't claim that this is always related and i am sure it isn't, but on my H3 it does the trick. I'm sorry to dig up an old thread, but searching for a solution quickly leads to this thread, so this might help someone...

Old 11-01-2019, 11:11 PM
Default Check 4x4 and Traction control failure msg

Hey everyone I have a 2007 Hummer H3X it’s got 122,000 miles on it it’s been a really good ride I’ve had it for about 6 years anyways I got the 4x4 needs service plus this traction control failure light has started coming on and the ride will start to ride very rough I thought a tire was out and I could only go as fast as 45-55 miles an hour like I was giving it gas but it wasn’t really going. But I thought my truck was going to blow up any ideas???
thanks for anyone with any leads or anything in advance.

Quick Reply: ABS Fault, Traction Control Failure, Service Stability System Failure, Service 4WD