Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

2007 Hummer H3 remote program a no go.

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2022, 03:59 PM
Default 2007 Hummer H3 remote program a no go.

Hi all:

Just got my 2007 H3 back from the GM dealership after taking it to have a new door lock installed and two new remotes programmed for it. Am very disappointed in what the outcome was. It was suppose to go in one morning and come back that evening.... I called about 1 hour before they were to close and was told that they needed to order a different 'tumbler' for the lock because PARTS ordered the wrong one and asked me if I wanted a new door lock rubber installed because the old one fell apart.....I said of course. I asked if the remotes were programmed and was told yes they are fine. I said it could stay over night because they would get the parts in, in the next morning. Then drove up myself to see what was going on the next day. I went out into the shop and my H3 was around the corner with no one around it and the door was all apart with the rotten (now broken in half) seal still in the key hole. Finally they found the guy at the other end of the shop chatting away... He finally came over and told me the seal is discontinued. He told me ONLY one remote ( GM) was able to be programmed but not the china one I was given when I bought the Hummer. I reminded my sales guy that he told me BOTH remotes were programmed... I finally told them that either finish that evening or the next day and I would come and get it.
I got a phone call at 5pm that evening from 'Alex' that it was ready. I told him I needed to pick up a couple parts from the Parts department and asked what time they close. he told me 5 pm.. I told him that I will come in the next morning cause I'm not wasting a trip. It was one problem after another. I showed up at 8 am on day 3 and Alex took me to the H3 and I saw there was no weather seal around the door lock. He even mentioned that they were unable to program either remotes!! I remined him that he changed his story 3 times now.... I had Alex park it in the Disable spot for me and I went to parts. I told them I wanted my money back from the remote. They credited my final bill and I walked out after paying $153.00 for a new door lock I can use my key in....

My current dilemma is WHY would they NOT be able to program ANY remote to my H3 with their Autel ( I wonder if they even tried) ??? Has anyone ever had an experience in this? What is there to look at or look for in this situation. There appears to not be a fuse for programming. What could be wrong here? The guy I bought it from handed me the old remote and said it quit working due to an expired battery. I just can't figure this out. My key to the door lock was only suppose to be for emergencies like a dead battery where my remote couldn't open the door because the vehicle battery died or something similar. I hope someone can help me with this strange puzzle. Is this common? Thanks all!!!!

BTW, can't wait to put my new wheels on it after my buddy replaces all the rotors, calipers, with the brake job Tuesday. Also getting the AC charged back up, and I hope that works here in Florida, and a new range sensor on my auto transmission. Laters!!

BAJA 16" 265's

Old 02-26-2022, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by Scotts H3 Hummer

BAJA 16" 265's
OWL Korean tires mounted on bullet hole wheels.

Old 02-26-2022, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by hummerz
OWL Korean tires mounted on bullet hole wheels.

Old 02-28-2022, 09:40 AM
Super Moderator

This has been happening to more of the older I5 H3s, your BCM is not communicating with your remote key fobs. Short version...over time the BCMs degrade. You could have a new BCM programmed in at your favorite dealership, then the fobs will bee seen and could be programmed, but I would not recommend it.

The work around is to get a quality aftermarket Alarm with remote start and have that installed, the remote should have twice the OEM range, and you pick up the ability to remote start, save money and problem gone.

Old 03-01-2022, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
This has been happening to more of the older I5 H3s, your BCM is not communicating with your remote key fobs. Short version...over time the BCMs degrade. You could have a new BCM programmed in at your favorite dealership, then the fobs will bee seen and could be programmed, but I would not recommend it.

The work around is to get a quality aftermarket Alarm with remote start and have that installed, the remote should have twice the OEM range, and you pick up the ability to remote start, save money and problem gone.

I was wondering is this could be a good thing to avoid the announces of problem reminders our computer in our vehicles usually throws at us. Today I am sure that the BCM is all but dead. It's as it it's gone analog. Why do I think so?? Today I had a new H3 key arrive and cut for my vehicle. I studied the You Tube videos of how to program a 'chipped' key. I also watched a few video on how to program your own computer for Tire Sensors after having a new set installed in my new wheels. Today I mounted the new wheels and tires and nothing shows on my dash panel of tire pressure maintenance. I also stuck my new unprogrammed key in the ignition and started my H3. It's as if the system is asleep. I agree that it is deteriorated and not off line because of a new GPS stereo that was installed prior to me getting it. With the info I have supplied of the remotes not programable, TPSM for the tires not programmable nor shown on dash , and the new chipped key not needing to be programmed to work the problem should more than likely be a dead BCM? Thanks for your information given in regards to my issue at hand.

Old 03-01-2022, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds

Think about it, if the aftermarket alarm fob works, what was the failure with the oem RKE?
NOT THE BCM!
I only need to clean the board on my OEM.

Old 03-02-2022, 10:01 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Scotts H3 Hummer
I was wondering is this could be a good thing to avoid the announces of problem reminders our computer in our vehicles usually throws at us. Today I am sure that the BCM is all but dead. It's as it it's gone analog. Why do I think so?? Today I had a new H3 key arrive and cut for my vehicle. I studied the You Tube videos of how to program a 'chipped' key. I also watched a few video on how to program your own computer for Tire Sensors after having a new set installed in my new wheels. Today I mounted the new wheels and tires and nothing shows on my dash panel of tire pressure maintenance. I also stuck my new unprogrammed key in the ignition and started my H3. It's as if the system is asleep. I agree that it is deteriorated and not off line because of a new GPS stereo that was installed prior to me getting it. With the info I have supplied of the remotes not programable, TPSM for the tires not programmable nor shown on dash , and the new chipped key not needing to be programmed to work the problem should more than likely be a dead BCM? Thanks for your information given in regards to my issue at hand.
H3s do NOT HAVE A CHIPPED KEY. Any key cut to fit will work.

Old 03-02-2022, 10:09 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by hummerz
Think about it, if the aftermarket alarm fob works, what was the failure with the oem RKE?
NOT THE BCM!
I only need to clean the board on my OEM.
Most Aftermarket alarms do not use the BCM, they have their own receiver and use a single ignition wire tap to start when their fob sends the signal. When the BCMs loose power repeatedly (dead battery, repeated connect & disconnection of battery, the OEM Crappy Azzed Battery Terminals, parasitic drain, faulty aftermarket crap wiring by prior owners....) they deteriorate to the point they will not receive any external transmitter signal (FOBs, TPMS etc...) and cannot regain that communication until replaced. So cleaning your board ain't gonna do squat in that situation, except clean your board that cannot communicate with the BCM.

Old 03-02-2022, 02:13 PM

Anyone ever try replacing the GOD DANG RKE antenna, or cleaning the connection on the BCM and antenna or try to reroute the antenna higher or away from the radio antenna?
Never had a RKE issue in any of ours but I keep hearing people say they do and I have never once read about anyone asking about the "GD" RKE antenna!
Especially if the BCM got wet @ anytime it could corrode the **** out of the connection!

P/N 24300221
PART # 005
(24300221) Antenna,Remote Control Door Lock Receiver
ANTENNA, R/CON DR LK RCVR N153(06) 01 24300221

Last edited by TAINTER; 03-02-2022 at 02:16 PM.
Old 03-02-2022, 03:17 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by TAINTER
Anyone ever try replacing the GOD DANG RKE antenna, or cleaning the connection on the BCM and antenna or try to reroute the antenna higher or away from the radio antenna?
Never had a RKE issue in any of ours but I keep hearing people say they do and I have never once read about anyone asking about the "GD" RKE antenna!
Especially if the BCM got wet @ anytime it could corrode the **** out of the connection!

P/N 24300221
PART # 005
(24300221) Antenna,Remote Control Door Lock Receiver
ANTENNA, R/CON DR LK RCVR N153(06) 01 24300221
A true possibility. I know of one guy that fixed his that way, but then sold it a while later.

Quick Reply: 2007 Hummer H3 remote program a no go.