Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

2007 H3 Oil Pressure Sending Unit question

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2017, 01:45 PM
Default 2007 H3 Oil Pressure Sending Unit question

can anyone tell me the location of the sending unit? My 07 runs great, good oil but the oil light is on and beeping at me.

thanks

Robert

Old 11-12-2017, 02:49 PM

Should be located right above your oil filter.

Old 11-12-2017, 05:56 PM

Very cool, thanks!

Old 11-13-2017, 11:08 PM

I'm having the same issue when I let the truck idle after a long drive on a hot day. Let me know if you find a fix! mine always goes off when I give it some RPMs, but it is still highly annoying

Old 11-13-2017, 11:48 PM

it may indeed mean you have low pressure!
its very hard to find plumbing fittings for a mechanical gauge.
i searched a few auto parts stores with no luck.
anybody know?
i used to put a "t" fitting so i could run both indicators in old vans/cars.

like to do it in my h3

Old 11-14-2017, 11:45 AM

ebay has them

Old 12-04-2017, 05:30 AM
Default Had the same issue

I had the same problem with my 06 H3, whenever I idle on a hot day it will come up. In spring it would only come after I switch on a/c. In the summer with a/c on all the time it would happen everytime I would reach a stop light and when the temps hit 120* outside the light would be non stop below 2000K rpms.

Replaced oil pressure sender twice, flushed the engine several times and no fix. Everything pointed to a worn out oil pump at 100K miles. Had the engine removed to be fixed and it turned out that an Oil NRV inside the engine was stuck from sludge build up and basically was letting the oil bypass where its supposed to go which lead to a loss in pressure.

Had it cleaned, replaced the outer bearings (had some scuff marks) and put the engine back. 2000K later no issues.

Old 07-08-2018, 06:32 PM
Default Replaces Oil Sending Unit 09 Hummer H3

It's easier than you think to replace the oil sending unit. I suspected my oil sending unit was bad when my oil light was on, blinking, and annoyingly load. I have sufficient oil in the truck and it is not overheating so I was thinking the oil pump was good. I located the sending unit right above my oil filter. I disconnected the wire (one small clip) and off to the part store I went. I bought a new sending unit and the deep socket to match. Now if you can when you remove the unit have a buddy help you. It is easily spotted just under the passenger side from underneath your truck one inch above your oil filter (you will need to remove your front skid plate). It is a very tight space to put a deep socket on but if you have a long extension (11 to 14 in.) your in business for a quick fix. Put the ratchet extension with the oil sending socket through the front flap of the passenger side wheel well ( the most front part of a soft flexible rubber attached to the wheel well). Have your help guide the socket right onto the sending unit from underneath the thruck. Once it is in place attach your rachet between your wheel and your wheel well and take it off. It is a straight shot from that angle and is easily removed and replaced. Keep in mind it is necessary to have someone under the truck where you can see the sending unit just an inch above the oil filter.filter.

Old 07-14-2018, 05:32 PM

mine was so bad it was leaking oil into the socket area

Old 05-11-2019, 06:47 PM

Access is pretty easy going through the passenger side wheel well. Socket size 1-1/16" deep well. As you can see mine was full of oil.

Quick Reply: 2007 H3 Oil Pressure Sending Unit question