Hummer H2 SUT For some who need the usefulness of a truck, but do not want to compromise the Hummer look, the H2 SUT does just that.

ViAir compressor hack

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2022, 10:59 PM
Default ViAir compressor hack

Thanks to who ever manages this website. great information and some nice folks. My first post Greg OConnor in Southern California USA
I have a 2007 SUT that I mostly just pull behind my motor home only has 40,000 miles. lots of fun on the trails except for the width on some atv trails. I have done bags twice and now the compressor is not reacting so I pulled the pair and just built a way to boost the bags.
long story But after sniffing for air-leaks and never getting to a hold, I just decided to pull the quick connect and replace all the connections with compression connections. I ended up with a air spring quick connect that leaked and to my surprise I was able to shove a metric Allen in the fitting and remove the end to replace it with 1/8 inch brass pipe to a 1/4 inch compression fitting to plastic airline.
  • I used a set of Viaire pumps,
  • 2 normal closed 12vdc over/ coil trigger pneumatic valves,
  • one small tank to hold a bit of charge pressure
  • 30 foot of plastic airline
  • one of on-off-on momentary switch
  • one viaire duel air pressure gauge
probably cost too much but now when the bags drop and we have no air compressor it is all my fault and not the fault of the dealer I handed 60 grand to back in 07.
I can make a diagram if anyone is interested

ran copper hard line in the bed to a manifold to keep things a bit protected

drilled to pass two 1/4 inch lines to center console to mount the switch and two pressure gauges. one for tank and one for bags

manifold off of the tank. after finding all this space I would have installed the Pnumatic electric valves here

I had to cut the bracket for the controller off put the compressors away from exhaust mounted a ball valve peeking out of the center hole