PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to remove H2 SUT headrest?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 07:57 PM
Default How to remove H2 SUT headrest?

Hello Everyone!

First post here.

I have a 2005 H2 SUT. I need to remove the front passenger headrest. I had an aftermarket headrest/DVD monitor installed. I need to remove the headrest to replace it. Does anyone know how to remove the headrest? Thanks for any assistance.

Old 10-12-2006, 09:39 PM
Default RE: How to remove H2 SUT headrest?

There are 2 little pin holes in the plastic base. Each facing the passenger door. Use a paper clip and they will pull right out.

Old 10-12-2006, 11:32 PM

BTW, WELCOME to the forums.Name:  welcome2.gif
Views: 1311
Size:  3.1 KB

Old 10-13-2006, 01:33 AM

Thanks for your expertise. I just checked and do not understand where this plastic base with the pin holes, is located. Where is the plastic base with the pin holes located? Bottom of headrest? Somewhere in the seat back? Somewhere in the seat bottom? The installer (whom is no longer around) said that he had to unbolt the entire headreast/back/bottom assembly to remove/install headrest. Thanks!

Old 10-13-2006, 07:17 AM

plastic base is right where the metal posts from the headrest go into the seat.

Old 10-13-2006, 04:38 PM

yup, just like all gm's two annoying little pin holes on the base of the headrest stem on top of the seat...man I hate them things[:@] Your installer had to remove all the rest of the stuff to run the wires

Old 10-14-2006, 08:21 PM

Thanks guys for all your help. I used a small L shaped allen wrench to push in the pin holes. The headrest rods slide right out. Then I noticed the cable running out of a rod into the seat back and out the bottom and under the center console. Even if I unplugged the cable under the center console, I might rip the stock seat covering if I tried to put the cable in the seatback. Took it to a shop and paid them $60 to remove the headrest/monitor/cable (and install the new one). Then I had the headrest monitor combo replaced under warranty, then the shop installed the new headrest/monitor. I replaced it because the headrest monitor would "lose" the color in the picture and go to a black and white picture. I also have a monitor in the drivers headrest and front passenger visor. Yet, the passenger headrest monitor was the only one losing color. Maybe the real problem is that I used Boss headrests with built in 9.5 monitors?

....also, yesterday, while I was near the Hummer dealership (BoB Moore in OKC has a great Hummer service dept.) I dropped by unannounced and asked about my driver side mirror not folding in and about the cracked plastic cover surrounding the gas fill spout. Even without an appointment, in about an hour and under warranty, they replaced both my right and left mirrors with new improved versions. Instead of the 05' stock all chrome mirrors, they installed a new version that has a chrome insert in a black mirror. Looks sporty and works well (my Sut is black and chrome). They also replaced the cracked plastic surrounding the gas fill spout.

Glad I found this website. Later on.

Old 10-14-2006, 08:24 PM

Good deal! Glad they treated you well.

Old 10-17-2006, 09:15 PM

ORIGINAL: JakesSUT

Thanks guys for all your help. I used a small L shaped allen wrench to push in the pin holes. The headrest rods slide right out. Then I noticed the cable running out of a rod into the seat back and out the bottom and under the center console. Even if I unplugged the cable under the center console, I might rip the stock seat covering if I tried to put the cable in the seatback. Took it to a shop and paid them $60 to remove the headrest/monitor/cable (and install the new one). Then I had the headrest monitor combo replaced under warranty, then the shop installed the new headrest/monitor. I replaced it because the headrest monitor would "lose" the color in the picture and go to a black and white picture. I also have a monitor in the drivers headrest and front passenger visor. Yet, the passenger headrest monitor was the only one losing color. Maybe the real problem is that I used Boss headrests with built in 9.5 monitors?

....also, yesterday, while I was near the Hummer dealership (BoB Moore in OKC has a great Hummer service dept.) I dropped by unannounced and asked about my driver side mirror not folding in and about the cracked plastic cover surrounding the gas fill spout. Even without an appointment, in about an hour and under warranty, they replaced both my right and left mirrors with new improved versions. Instead of the 05' stock all chrome mirrors, they installed a new version that has a chrome insert in a black mirror. Looks sporty and works well (my Sut is black and chrome). They also replaced the cracked plastic surrounding the gas fill spout.

Glad I found this website. Later on.
Finding GREAT service is A GOOD THING!!!

Congrats and WELCOME!!!Name:  thumbsup.gif
Views: 1293
Size:  3.2 KB

Old 10-18-2006, 03:54 PM

ORIGINAL: JakesSUT

....also, yesterday, while I was near the Hummer dealership (BoB Moore in OKC has a great Hummer service dept.) I dropped by
Hey Dude , you an Okie too?

I live on the Southwest side near Earlywine golf course...Curt at BM and I are long time friends, especially after owning a Land Rover]

Quick Reply: How to remove H2 SUT headrest?