PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gas Mileage Test

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 05:20 PM
Default Gas Mileage Test

Hi well im in the process in doing a gas mileage test.. when i purchased the truck with 50k on it, it had and average of 9.8. i switched the diff fluid in the front and transfer case and went with dexron VI in trans I got 10.9 average fuel economy. I just had a long tgime buddy of mine tune my computer with HP Tuners with a mild tune on 87 octane and it has changed to 14.3. We are going to retune with a 93 octane setting and see what it does with that. Then go back to the 87 tune and do some more adjustments. Not only has the fuel mileage changed but the power in the truck has changed ALOT! I will try to keep you guys up to date on this. If you would like to get yours done I think he only charges 250. which is cheaper than a air intake.. Give Greg @ AntiVenom a call 813-690-0175 in Seffner,FL. He is a Corvette and Camaro expert, he has made the cover of Corvette Magazine 5 times and been featured 23 times...

P.s. I'm completely stock no mods. This is all stop and go city driving. I will post results of highway driving soon.

Last edited by dsktsunami; 10-22-2009 at 05:04 PM.
Old 10-22-2009, 05:05 PM

i should hopefully get the 93 tune tomorrow... will update soon

Old 10-24-2009, 02:28 AM

First of all the 9.8 from the previous owner is very low. That was probably reset by the dealer and was alot of idling on a for sale lot which lowered the average. Secondly I can drive down the same road and get 2mpg or 15mpg in my hummer. Also when your "trying" to get better gas milage you can easily improve your gas milage 20% just by "trying" without changing anything to your vehicle. So your gonna have to do some serious before and after tests on the same roads on the same driving conditions and the same accelaration speeds which is very hard to do. Throw an extra stop light or two in and your whole test is screwed. Now over long periods of times you can possibly see an increase or two but you wont really know if its because mostly your "trying" to get better gas milage.

Old 12-16-2009, 09:13 PM

I JUST installed a SuperChips Flashpaq Power Programmer & used the Milage XS setting. After I decided to inspect my air filter & found it was FILTHY AND is the original... I'll touch on that in a new thread. I was between 9.5 & 12 mpg's... After knock'n the **** outta the air filter & installin program I'm get'n 15 HWY & 12 City. I'm about to swap my oil w/ Mobil 1 Synthetic w/ a Wix Filter & install E3 plugs this Sun. Hope'n it'll bump .5! Deciding on just a high flow filter replacement or a full CAI system. We'll see what happens. BTW, I own a Black on Black '06 H2 SUT that JUST hit 42k.

Last edited by 4U2NV; 12-17-2009 at 04:46 PM. Reason: Updating modification name
Old 02-13-2010, 09:48 AM

do you think that a pcm tune is the way to go? In the owners manual they say to run 91 octane, and if you haven't made any mods to your rig then what can be adjusted?

Old 02-13-2010, 12:44 PM

I would love to get my mileage to 14. My sister lives in Tampa, Fl. Sounds like a road trip. How did the rest of the tuning go? Hit me back, very interested! gztyme@gmail.com

Old 04-19-2010, 06:23 AM

I will surely test it to my ride..
If it works then it will be very helpful for me to control my budget..
Thanks in advance...

Old 04-19-2010, 03:54 PM

Come on guys don't fall for this load of BS! RED FLAGS EVERYWHERE!

First: In his first ever post he goes on to mention his ASTOUNDING mileage gains 9.8 to OVER 14 mpg in what??? and then recommends some "long time buddy" guy??? You just take his word for it!

Second: What self respecting HUMMER owner wouldn't tell you what kind of "TRUCK" he has??? or the year???

Third: Look up the phone # and check out the website. He charges $400 not the "lost lead" of $250.

Gztyme and steve7680768 don't sound legit' either:
First posts for both of them also. steve7680768 talks "I will surely test it to my ride.." what ride? Then talks about his "budget" and Gztyme give out his email address on a first post???

Last edited by TAINTER; 04-19-2010 at 03:57 PM.
Old 05-04-2010, 08:35 PM
Default Tainter

I appreciate your concern "Taint". I haven't done much research on improving the mileage on my Hummer and when I saw the message, I did get excited but didn't act on it.

If there is a message board etiquette manual, please send it to me. I didn't know it was taboo to give out your email address on your first post. Pardon me for my ignorance.

I'm placing a photo of my rig on the site after this is sent. I hope it meets your approval.

Pump your brakes Taint, pump your brakes.

GZ TYME

Old 05-06-2011, 05:39 PM

+1 Tainter

Quick Reply: Gas Mileage Test