Hummer H2 SUT For some who need the usefulness of a truck, but do not want to compromise the Hummer look, the H2 SUT does just that.

Finally a sub box that will rock

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2020, 02:48 PM
Default Finally a sub box that will rock

I have followed the post about a lack of sub boxes for the H2 sut. If I am going to go thru the motions of upgrading the sound system I really dont want mediocre bass. After alot of thought and planning I am going to upgrade the Bose system that came with my H2 to something that will truly jamb. I have already upgraded the radio to a double din media player, did the onstar delete, andded backup camera, added a bass amp and now for the Sub box! I have a rear center console box fitted with pioneer champion pro I made for previous truck currently sitting in the back seat it sounds great but I loose alot of the functionality with it ( cant let bed extender down and takes up alot of precious room). Under seat boxes dont impress me with their week sounding bass. So I have had to put on my thinking cap. Has anyone done this to their SUT? Making a box behind the rear seats that fold down with the seats and have speaker box come thru the area where the armrest is? I am currently undergoing this process for a single 10" Skar EVL and have figured box to 2.0 cu ft tune ported to 40 hz powered by 1000 WRMS. Theoretically it should sound great (crossing fingers). Is there a better way to get accurate deep bass than this? As far as my thighs I am planning on running Focal's on a Zapco amp
guys/gals teller what you are running. Give e some ideas please
I will add picture soon

2nddegree

Old 12-23-2020, 07:40 AM
Default Build pictures

Originally Posted by 2nddegree
I have followed the post about a lack of sub boxes for the H2 sut. If I am going to go thru the motions of upgrading the sound system I really dont want mediocre bass. After alot of thought and planning I am going to upgrade the Bose system that came with my H2 to something that will truly jamb. I have already upgraded the radio to a double din media player, did the onstar delete, andded backup camera, added a bass amp and now for the Sub box! I have a rear center console box fitted with pioneer champion pro I made for previous truck currently sitting in the back seat it sounds great but I loose alot of the functionality with it ( cant let bed extender down and takes up alot of precious room). Under seat boxes dont impress me with their week sounding bass. So I have had to put on my thinking cap. Has anyone done this to their SUT? Making a box behind the rear seats that fold down with the seats and have speaker box come thru the area where the armrest is? I am currently undergoing this process for a single 10" Skar EVL and have figured box to 2.0 cu ft tune ported to 40 hz powered by 1000 WRMS. Theoretically it should sound great (crossing fingers). Is there a better way to get accurate deep bass than this? As far as my thighs I am planning on running Focal's on a Zapco amp
guys/gals teller what you are running. Give e some ideas please
I will add picture soon

2nddegree

a few changes to the design
2.0 cu ft
Slot ported towards the top of box
tuned to 41 hz
Several internal bracing

Now I have to cover front exposed portion with leather/vinyl to match interior and rhino line to rest of the box

Will update as I progress

Old 12-30-2020, 08:00 AM

That's thinking outside the box.