Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Windshield Wiper Motor Noise

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2018, 03:01 PM
Default Windshield Wiper Motor Noise

Has anyone had this problem?

The front wiper motor has recently become very noisy, it sounds like gear noise as though there's no grease in it, which could be the problem.

In the past I've repaired the pulse module which also controls the washer, but never looked at the gears.

New motors are quite expensive, has anyone ever attempted to repair one?

Old 03-19-2020, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by oceanbrave
Has anyone had this problem?

The front wiper motor has recently become very noisy, it sounds like gear noise as though there's no grease in it, which could be the problem.

In the past I've repaired the pulse module which also controls the washer, but never looked at the gears.

New motors are quite expensive, has anyone ever attempted to repair one?
Wiper Motor Noise on H2
I have a H2 that has a noisy wiper motor.
Is this a common problem?
I took motor out and greased the gears, too. They were looking like new. It was this sound when I bought it, so do all other Hummers have this noisy motor ?

Old 03-19-2020, 08:13 PM

I am having same problem. Motor works but is really loud. Also front and rear washers are not working, Dont know if it is related. Did the grease help?

Old 03-20-2020, 06:05 AM

In a nutshell the wiper shouldn't be noisy, but this may save you some money (
).

Having gone the same path and greasing the motor, it was still noisy. So after fitting a new wiper motor and with nothing to lose, I dismantled the old one.

In my case the cuplrit was the gear-wheel bearing in the picture, if memory serves me it "drifted-out" quite easily. As it's a standard industry item it should only cost a couple of bucks (sorry can't remember the size) There may be anothers that support the motor shaft, not sure how easy they would be to change, unfortunately I trashed the old parts so I can't verify.

Old 03-20-2020, 06:28 AM

Thank you. Excellent.