PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wheel Stud or Wheel Hub Questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2016, 04:17 PM
Default Wheel Stud or Wheel Hub Questions

Hey all,
Has anyone ever punched out the stock wheel studs and went with a longer stud??

Here is my thinking... and bear with me remember I am not a supporter of the traditional bolt on wheel spacers.

I am thinking that I might want to increase my offset on my wheels (and no they do not offer them with any further offset, and I love my wheels), but I really dont want to bolt in a spacer. Because then you are dealing with forces under the wheel that hold the wheel on and who knows if the nuts dont back out because you cant see them....
I was thinking if I increase the studs say an inch or so, then put a spacer on, then sandwich it with the outer lug that you could torque to spec and easily adjust if need be.

I am also curious if there is a wheel hub or something that is already setup like that? Where it is say an inch or so wider and would change the setting of where the wheels sit

Thanks

Old 05-19-2016, 12:39 PM

I don't recall anyone doing this. You're talking about having the studs do through a spacer and still using the stock studs (longer) to bolt the wheel down as opposed to bolting the spacer to the rig then the wheel to the spacer?

I'm wondering if studs are a certain length for strength reasons. Make them longer and maybe the lose tensile/sheering strength.

Old 05-19-2016, 03:12 PM

B,
Yes thats what I was talking about

and yes that is what I am wondering about too. I thought there might be some wheel people on here that could help.
I might have to go to the drag race boards to find out