Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Wheel Spacers

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 02:23 PM
Default Wheel Spacers

Im looking to install a wheel spacer to get a little more clearance to avoid the rub on the front

Will 1/4" be enough . will looks good or should I go with 1/2" , I dont want the wheels sticking too far out , just enough for clearance and to give it a more aggressive look

This is the part :
Amazon.com: Mr. Lugnut C7104 8-Hole Wheel Spacer: Automotive Amazon.com: Mr. Lugnut C7104 8-Hole Wheel Spacer: Automotive

Does anyone had installed , any vibration? , any change on steering , ETC

Thank you all

Old 10-29-2014, 04:43 PM

I've been running 2" wheel spacers for over a year

Old 10-29-2014, 06:10 PM

Thanks H2Offroad

No longer needed I realized the sway bar wasnt centered , thats why the passenger wheel rub but not the driver .

I will get a bushing kit to replace and fix it .. That will give me the clearance I need

I was thinking the actual tires looks good without the spacers .. Will needed eventually when upgrade the fender flares to the Offroad edition so the tires wont looks like sink in the fender hole

Old 10-29-2014, 07:14 PM

I put the E&G offroad flares on mine and the stockers looked horrible. I also needed new tires and opted to get full wheels. I went with a 4.25" backspace which brought them out even with the extended flares and gave it one hell of a mean looking stance. Definitely looks better with the wheels pushed out a bit.

Old 10-22-2018, 09:56 AM
Default Wheel spacers vs. sway bar adjustment?

Hello, I was going thru the threads and found your thread regarding wheel spacers, it seems you found your sway bar was off center, and fixing that would prevent a tire rubbing on the bar, My passenger front tire rubs a little on the bar, and ive noticed that the sway bar seems off center, I like the thought of my wheels sticking out another 2 inches, to stop the slight rub, and give it a better look, I was wondering how you repaired your sway bar, centering it, and your thoughts on my leaving it alone and just adding spacers. Ive a very limited selection of mechanics and service in my location, southeast Ohio, across the river from Parkersburg WVA, I am running 35by 12 BFG all terrain ta tires on aftermarket wheels.
Looking at my problem, adding spacers looks like an easy fix, financially and time wise, Perhaps when you have a moment you can share your knowledge, It would be appreciated, Thank you

Old 10-22-2018, 11:22 AM

The drivetrain/suspension is mostly from a Silverado 2500HD, any competent mechanic should be able to work on those components. That being said, just loosen the sway bar bushing bolts at the front of the frame rails and muscle the sway bar to which ever side it needs to be moved and you should be good. Mine was off center as well but after my wheels years ago that solved that problem. Personally, on such a large and heavy vehicle I would not recommend wheel spacers. Even being lug AND hubcentric I would still be weary due to the stresses put on the suspension of these rigs. The rate at which they burn through hubs alone is something interesting. I just had to replace both hubs at 78k miles on my 06. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Old 10-23-2018, 08:21 AM

Interesting, Thank you for your input, There is a shop across he river thats run by a group of grey beards, noone there is under the age of 62 at the very least, They are reliable, and trustworthy. I won`t have time to get there till my next long break, but that will be number 1 on my list, I appreciate you taking the time, and sharing your knowledge of these fine vehicles.
Ive not had my 05 a year yet, its pushing 57k miles on the clock, and is my daily driver. After having the stepper motors replaced in the dash, a new pulse board for the wipers, and a new starter put in, its been an excellent ride. I had an old 94 GMC yukon 2 door that was my work truck for 17 years, and an Escalade I bought as a reward for surviving cancer, I got rid of it pretty fast, and just recently sold my trusty old Yukon, I mention these because they were both fine vehicles, but not in the same league as my 05 H2. Its an amazing ride. And are rare in this part of the country.
Once again, THANK YOU.

Old 10-23-2018, 12:57 PM

Not a problem. Let us know if you have any other questions!

Old 10-24-2018, 06:00 PM

On my 08 the studs are to short to safely add any spacers, 1/4" or 1/2"

Neal

Old 10-24-2018, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by legerwn
On my 08 the studs are to short to safely add any spacers, 1/4" or 1/2"

Neal
Correct spacers use the lug nuts to bolt to the hub. The spacer then has its own studs and lugs which the wheel bolts to.

Quick Reply: Wheel Spacers