Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

what do you love or hate about your H2 ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2019, 10:52 PM
Default what do you love or hate about your H2 ?

whats up guys i wanted to make a video for my youtube channel to just talk about what i dont like or a few things i wish GM had done better or different on the H2 and wanted to ask you guys what was your take on this subject . thanks in advance .

Last edited by hmer; 03-06-2019 at 11:38 PM.
Old 03-07-2019, 06:45 AM

Only a few things I really hate about them....
For such a large vehicle there is just not much in the way of storage space. Particularly in the front.
Poorly designed weather stripping that allows water to leak inside.
Poorly designed upper lighting that allows water to leak inside.
Water leaks.
Did I mention water leaks inside yet?
While I realize there is really just not anywhere else to put it short of on the roof, the two spare tire mount options are both awful.

Old 03-07-2019, 08:00 AM

I love a lot of things with my H2 in fact it's my favorite vehicle of my lifetime, I love the comfy seats, interior and exterior styling are beautiful. Like Mix said, I wish it had more storage, cubby holes in the front and rear. I often think I should sell mine since I rarely drive it but I can't bring myself to do it yet. My wife loves riding in it, I taught our daughter how to drive in it. So far there is nothing else manufactured that compares to the H2 as far as I/m concerned.

Old 03-07-2019, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by MixManSC
Only a few things I really hate about them....
For such a large vehicle there is just not much in the way of storage space. Particularly in the front.
Poorly designed weather stripping that allows water to leak inside.
Poorly designed upper lighting that allows water to leak inside.
Water leaks.
Did I mention water leaks inside yet?
While I realize there is really just not anywhere else to put it short of on the roof, the two spare tire mount options are both awful.
i love the hell out of this truck but you forgot to mention water leaks lol 😂

Old 03-07-2019, 08:40 AM

The things that get on my nerves the most are the design of the center console and dash, where something simple like removing the head unit requires removal of most of the dash. In my H3 I could pop the front bezel out in 5 seconds in order to get to the head unit or hvac. Also the cheap creaky GM plastic, maybe that's because I have an 04, but with these trucks originally costing 60k though I would've expected a better interior. All that said, it's still my favorite car on this planet.

Old 03-07-2019, 07:24 PM
Default Love my H2.

Had my H3 for 9 years and 198000 miles. Then got my 2005 H2. Love it. Yep the plastic inside is cheap. But planning on living in US 6 months a year and Thailand other 6 months. So this H2 will last me a very long time. Thinking about buying a wrecked H2 and storing it for parts.

Old 03-07-2019, 08:03 PM

Hate ... Plastic inside makes noises . Lots of noises. LOTS LOTS OF NOISE ....
the rear seats are in a fixed uncomfortable position

as any other American made vehicles everything start leaking and problems arise after you hit 100k miles

However . Still the vehicle Im keeping for lifetime

why ?

cause I love everything else
Is a safer x big and heavier han most .
Very . Very offroad capable
great on turns ,hills ' snow or rain
and Im talking about smokey mountain, Canada , thousands of road trips miles going thru diverse weather
a very comfortable ride
did I mention safe

plus for a 13 year old vehicle and still got a lot of compliments. At least once a day someone said nice truck

Old 03-07-2019, 09:51 PM

guys thanks for the replys , so far i have the same to say about the H2 , at the end of the day i want to hav more than just one h2 possibly an H1 in the future . by next week ill have the video ready . Also for the past few months i been thinking of buying a wrecked SUT and a 2500 HD diesel to make an Extended SUT just as a fun project . I started the youtube thing with the idea of talking nothing but hummer in my channel but i later changed my mind . just in case you guys want to check it out . here is the link https://www.youtube.com/c/dailydrivenH2 ....

About the Extended SUT idea i need to do a ton of research on this . any inputs would be welcomed . thanks in advance .

Last edited by hmer; 03-07-2019 at 09:54 PM.
Old 03-15-2019, 10:39 AM

Things i hate about 03 h2 are the water leaks, the noisy plastic panels, the mirrors that i have broken by two different mechanics because they manually pushed them in instead of using the power button. Even after i told them not to push them in. My biggest bone of contention is the awd system. Really wish the h2 had the two wheel drive option. Would get better mileage, have more power and the awd ratio can easily over power the front wheels and makes the h2 a little unpredictable in snow.

The things i love about the h2 are: the seats 03-06. Most comfortable seats ive ever been in. Ive had yukons, sierras, and an avalanche and the seats arent comparable. The low production numbers and that ive had my h2 for 7yrs and its worth thousands more than i paid for it. The panoramic view out the windshield is like no other. The haters. Love the haters. Also love that im the only person i know that owns one. I like to march to my own beat and am not a follower. The factory 35's , ground clearance and off road prowess.
Ive had people at gas staions try to buy it from me, even car dealers. I dont see myself ever letting it go. I have thought about it from time to time but as soon as i plant my *** in those seats i know im never selling it.

Old 03-16-2019, 09:23 AM

yes, those seats.

There is nothing else like it and probably never will be, unless GM revives it (which wouldnt surprise me given the continuous love affair with trucks and SUVs).

My exhaust header heat shields broke off due to rusted bolts early one and my rooftop marker lights leaked water in and put some small stains on my otherwise pristine headliner (seal ALL of them up, first thing you do).

Otherwise love this truck til death.

Quick Reply: what do you love or hate about your H2 ?