PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Water leaking from both front handels

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 08:47 PM
Default Water leaking from both front handels

I have water leaking in through the handels in the front over the dash. I am figureing it is the lights on top would that be correct? And what is a good fix for this. I have a 2007 H2.. If that helps anyone.

Old 12-22-2011, 10:37 PM

Could be the lights, or did you just have a windshield put in? They can put the trim in wrong and it'll come in thru the rubber door molding. I had several leaks after my new windshield, it took one more trip from Safelite to make it right.

Old 12-23-2011, 07:18 AM

i had the window replaced thinking it was that nope. has to be the lights.

Old 12-24-2011, 07:38 PM

Definitely the lights on roof. My u2 was leaking there also and I had to reseal both side lights. It fixed the problem.

Old 12-25-2011, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by mcioci
Definitely the lights on roof. My u2 was leaking there also and I had to reseal both side lights. It fixed the problem.
what did you seal it with I keep my H2 in perfect conditon and dont want to have a mess up there happen.

Old 12-26-2011, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by quicksilverz1
what did you seal it with I keep my H2 in perfect conditon and dont want to have a mess up there happen.
A friend of mine owns a collision place and he did it for me. He said on both sides of truck the housing for the lights on top were loose. He said he removed the lights and the mechanism that gets tightened to truck were both loose. He said he tightened them and resealed it. I don't know exactly what he used but I'm sure any collision guy would know. The work was done within the light. I looked on top of truck to check because I'm crazy about my truck too but I didn't see anything at all.

Old 12-29-2011, 02:14 PM
Default Drip

Had the same problem with my 03. It was the two end roof lights. The water drains past those two lights. Remove the light covers and you will see where the electrical cord goes thru the roof. Pull the rubber grommets that are there up, clean with a wet cloth, dry COMPLETELY, place the rubber grommets back in the hole and cover with a silicon caulk. I've had no more problems with mine since I done this.
Hope this helps.

Old 01-02-2012, 02:59 PM

Ok I tock off the lights cleaned the area and then applyed OEM appoxy to seal the spot the rubber peices poped right out I was suprised how easy they came out when you look down you can see right into the Truck.

Old 01-03-2012, 12:12 PM

Yeah, not a very good design, Let me know if that takes care of it..

Old 01-04-2012, 12:31 AM

How do you properly pop the lights out?
My 07 H2 does the exact same thing.

Quick Reply: Water leaking from both front handels