PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Update: Retrofit of train air horn on h2

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 07:12 PM
Default Update: Retrofit of train air horn on h2

Hello friends,
I am in the process of retrofitting a new "Train Air Horn" on my H2.
As in the previous Air Horn, it will be mounted in the middle of the front roof rack along with the off road lights.
The Dual Horn "Train Air Horn" which I previously had installed was purchased at a flea market and was pre-owned.
Although it was working fine it was on it's last leg and finally it didn't work anymore.
So I now purchased a new Triple Horn "Train Air Horn" through Ebay, cost $180.
I will post photos upon completion.
For your pleasure, here is a generic photo of the Train Air Horn which I purchased.
Also a photo of the previous Dual Air horn, the mounted "Air Switch valve" and of the "Compressor and Tank".
The Tank is mounted where the OEM JACK is fastened to.
The Compressor (NOT VISIBLE) is mounted on the inside of the rear left compartment space, above the left rear wheel well, underneath the rear left storage bin.
As always your comments and questions are always appreciated.
Safari Hummer H2

Attached Thumbnails Update: Retrofit of train air horn on h2-behemoth-train-air-horn.jpg   Update: Retrofit of train air horn on h2-air-horn.jpg   Update: Retrofit of train air horn on h2-air-horn-switch.jpg   Update: Retrofit of train air horn on h2-air-horn-tank.jpg   Update: Retrofit of train air horn on h2-air-horn-tank-compressor.jpg  

Last edited by SafariHummerH2; 06-04-2009 at 08:18 PM.
Old 06-05-2009, 10:31 AM

I love the sound of the train horns. They sure get people's attention. I like your install with the exception of the switch and hoses on the door pillar. I'd be looking for a solenoid air switch to tidy things up. Other than that, nice job.

Old 06-06-2009, 08:09 PM

I'm not hot on your valve setup...I think you should find a 90 degree fitting for the supply line. That will make the front to back depth much shorter since the supply line isn't coming striaght in. Then you might be able to fit the entire assembly in the a-piller.

Did you take any pics of the air line routing (through the piller, etc..) to the horn?

A train horn is a little much for me...I'm looking for a deep semi horn.

Old 05-27-2010, 11:47 AM

Hey SafariHummerH2, I also would like to put that horn on my H2. I'll probably hide it somewhere under the vehicle, but I'm wondering about the compressor and the tank. Where did you get them? My H2 does not have the air ride suspension but I'm thinking to get a factory compressor to use for the horn and just to have an onboard compressor. You may have thought of these things already...any ideas? Thanks in advance!!!

JAX BEACH H2