Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

U steps!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2017, 10:05 PM
Default U steps!!

Anyone have any hummer h2 U-steps for sale?

Has anyone tried the universal steps from ebay?

4 x Universal Truck Black Texture Coated Die-Cast Aluminum Trunk Side Step Bar | eBay

Old 08-11-2017, 06:44 AM

The standard originals are hard to find and stupidly expensive. A single one on eBay right now for $350..... Another seller does have several of the original limited edition ones for $215 per step. The LE ones will also work okay but really were intended to use with the notched lower side trim - they still work fine either way.

Not cheap though - with shipping probably close to $900 for a full set. I think I'll pass....

Old 08-11-2017, 07:03 AM

They have many options on Ebay that fit our H2s. They run around $120-$150 a set with free shipping. Here are a few examples:

FOR 2003-2010 HUMMER H2 3" S/S CHROME SIDE STEP NERF BARS RAIL RUNNING BOARDS JL | eBay

2003-2010 Hummer H2 Running Boards side steps nerf bar chrome aluminum | eBay

Old 08-11-2017, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by erikcp
Anyone have any hummer h2 U-steps for sale?

Has anyone tried the universal steps from ebay?

4 x Universal Truck Black Texture Coated Die-Cast Aluminum Trunk Side Step Bar | eBay
I have 4 I'm willing to sell but not for $120-$150. I would want $190 each plus $30 to ship

Old 08-11-2017, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by MixManSC
The standard originals are hard to find and stupidly expensive. A single one on eBay right now for $350..... Another seller does have several of the original limited edition ones for $215 per step. The LE ones will also work okay but really were intended to use with the notched lower side trim - they still work fine either way.

Not cheap though - with shipping probably close to $900 for a full set. I think I'll pass....
Those LE steps on eBay are mine. I have 9 for sale. If anyone on here wants to buy them I would take $180 per step and would ship for free. If interested text me at 347-452-9938. I have to ask more on eBay due to eBay fees.

Old 08-13-2017, 09:10 AM

The U's integrate with the rock sliders. Install will take some modification for those universal steps. I have a pair of U's but I would never sell them. I keep them as spares in case one of mine is broken on a rock or whatever. They used to go for $100/step but now the prices are a joke.......LE's never pulled a premium like U's did because LE's were much more plentiful but as mentioned you will also need the lower rocker panel for LE's to work.

Old 08-14-2017, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by LoJac963
The U's integrate with the rock sliders. Install will take some modification for those universal steps. I have a pair of U's but I would never sell them. I keep them as spares in case one of mine is broken on a rock or whatever. They used to go for $100/step but now the prices are a joke.......LE's never pulled a premium like U's did because LE's were much more plentiful but as mentioned you will also need the lower rocker panel for LE's to work.
LoJack, the thing with the LE steps, guys who have the Le hummers want to keep the steps that were made for them. They like to have their hummers be known as Limited Edition. I have 2 sets of U steps which I'm getting powder coated as we speak (they are in good condition but went on a spending spree to make them look new) and I have a 3rd set which are in very good condition which I would sell but has to be the right price for me to let them go. I get attached to all my Hummer parts 😀 Also have a pair of rockers powdercoating too so I can preserve them.

Old 08-14-2017, 09:51 AM

I knew I'd seen it before.... found one pic. You can install the LE steps on one with the non-LE rockers. I've seen a couple of pics of where people have done it. This is one..

Attached Thumbnails U steps!!-img_0305.jpg  
Old 08-14-2017, 11:20 AM

I knew I'd seen it before.... found one pic. You can install the LE steps on one with the non-LE rockers. I've seen a couple of pics of where people have done it. This is one..
I've sold a lot of these LE steps to guys with non LE hummers. Classy steps.

Old 08-15-2017, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by mcioci
LoJack, the thing with the LE steps, guys who have the Le hummers want to keep the steps that were made for them. They like to have their hummers be known as Limited Edition. I have 2 sets of U steps which I'm getting powder coated as we speak (they are in good condition but went on a spending spree to make them look new) and I have a 3rd set which are in very good condition which I would sell but has to be the right price for me to let them go. I get attached to all my Hummer parts 😀 Also have a pair of rockers powdercoating too so I can preserve them.

I did the same, tracked down 6 U-steps, 2 were red and 4 were black. All finishes worn to hell. I had 4 of the best ones chemically stripped and re-powdercoated and they came out looking brand new. They are definitely the best steps for the 2's.

Yes you can install LE's on non-LE rockers but the stepping service is greatly reduced compared to installing with the correct rockers.

Quick Reply: U steps!!