PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trouble with climate control system

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 03:41 AM
Default Trouble with climate control system

Hope you guys can point me in the right direction... and hope this is a simple fix:

A few days ago, I noticed the first problem I've had with my '03 H2. With all this global warming I'm causing, I'm still having to use the heater in mid-April! Now... that's not directly my problem, however, it is related.

The problem? After the heater has been running for 5-15 minutes, the dual climate control gets in a battle with itself. I first noticed this on my way to relatives for Easter. My side began blasting furnace-grade heat from both the lower and upper vents... while the passenger side was in overdrive producing an arctic wind storm. Weird thing? Both sides were set to the same temp! I thought I could correct the problem by adjusting the controls, but once it gets started, there's no stopping it. Turn it off... turn it on... same thing.

Following a wonderful meal of ham, stuffing, deviled eggs, green beans, casserole, taters, etc. (all with Grandma's goodness baked right in ), we hopped in for the ride home. At first, my baby was back to normal with a gentle warmth emanating from beneath the dash. However, about ten minutes into the trip home, it started in again. Baking me, and freezing the wife. We resorted to turning the damn thing off and zipping up for the journey.

Crazier thing I've noticed the last couple days? It doesn't do it all the time. Took a one hour drive last night, and nothing. This morning? Yep. This afternoon? Nope.

Here's hoping you guys can give me some ideas on how to avoid making another Mercedes payment for the dealerships' mechanics. Any ideas on how to correct this? I'm thinking a defective temperature sensor or something similar, but have no idea where to start.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can offer.

Doc

Old 04-11-2007, 03:47 AM
Default RE: Trouble with climate control system

The first thing I would try is disconnecting the battery and resetting the puter. Aside from that, it's prob the circut board for the climate control

Old 04-14-2007, 09:49 PM
Default RE: Trouble with climate control system

Hi, Mine was doing the same thing 2004 H2.....the Dealership ended up replaceing both Accuatures that control the air Temp.......very annoying.......

Before I had it fixed, I would turn off the engine while driving and re-start it and it would work fine the rest of the day........

Nothing worse than getting in a Hot Hummer only to find its blowing Hotter Air than the 90 Degs outside in South Florida.........

It was out of The standard warrenty,36/36,000, but I/We had bought the Extended Warrenty $1,400.00 for 100,000 miles and for $50.00 they fixed the whole thing........

According to the dealership the bill would have been 1,600.00 for the work.........Better than me doing it....and it paid for itself at 41,000 miles

Old 05-19-2010, 03:20 PM

is that the ***** or the device that controls the damper doors?

h2 stuck on heat pass side... wifee no happy

Old 05-19-2010, 10:55 PM
Default Blend Door Actuator

Pull you codes & see which actuator has gone bad. Mine went gradually. It was literally a 40 minute fix for my code B0414.