PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Factory Off-Road Roof Lights

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2013, 01:28 PM
Default Factory Off-Road Roof Lights

I'm going through our new truck in detail for the first time and noticed that the previous owner taped the seams of the plastic housing where it meets the body and used some sort of sealer around the lenses. I just pulled off the tape so far.

Are these things known to cause leaks into the interior? I'm hoping that the original owner just got confused with the leaks caused by clogged sunroof drains.

Old 04-20-2013, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by NJTEX
I'm going through our new truck in detail for the first time and noticed that the previous owner taped the seams of the plastic housing where it meets the body and used some sort of sealer around the lenses. I just pulled off the tape so far.

Are these things known to cause leaks into the interior? I'm hoping that the original owner just got confused with the leaks caused by clogged sunroof drains.
I think you hit the nail on the head that it's the sunroof drains and he thought it was the off road lights. Taping the seams and sealing the lenses wouldn't have done anything anyway. The only possible leak areas the lights would create would be the 3 rivet nuts that go through the roof that the light assembly screws mount to.

Old 04-20-2013, 07:35 PM

more likely trying to kill the wind noise