PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tires?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2018, 09:53 AM

I added a torsion lift along with 2" blocks in the rear so mine is lifted a little and it does still rub on one side at the sway bar. Not sure why only one side, my plan is to try and shift the sway bar to the other side and see if I can stop the rubbing. I'm running the stock 20" wheels that came on the 08.

I do have some pics of the tires installed, I'll find them and post for you

Neal

Old 03-18-2018, 09:58 AM

Old 03-18-2018, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by legerwn
I added a torsion lift along with 2" blocks in the rear so mine is lifted a little and it does still rub on one side at the sway bar. Not sure why only one side, my plan is to try and shift the sway bar to the other side and see if I can stop the rubbing. I'm running the stock 20" wheels that came on the 08.

I do have some pics of the tires installed, I'll find them and post for you

Neal

Mine was the same with my stock 35s. That all ended when my new wheels years ago when I pushed the tires outward to match the offroad flares. It's interesting how some rigs rub stock and others can fit 37s with no modifications. I recently did green keys on the front and 1.5" spacers on the rear as well.

Old 03-18-2018, 12:41 PM

I have the BFG all terrain KO2 baja champion tires on my 05 H2, They look great, were great in the snow, and offer a quiet ride on the highway.

Old 03-18-2018, 03:25 PM

Those pics are with the truck at the stock height,

Old 03-18-2018, 03:35 PM

Synthetickiller good info. I didnt know th here was a measure difference . I will check the ones you mentioned.

How about Toyo .
Seems to be very popular in off/on road vehicles such jeeps

Bfg are out of my list. May offer one of the nice ,Quiet Rides . But not the look Im trying to get . I can sacrifice the look a little bit for the ride but still the bfg are to plain

Old 03-18-2018, 03:43 PM

legerwn. Nice. Looks like good tires . I like the thru 37 size
with 17 wheels I need the biggest possible
How many miles you put already, how's the traction a d wear

Old 03-18-2018, 07:47 PM

not sure on millage, if I had to guess I'd say less than 10,000 with no visible wear.

I live in south Louisiana so no ice at all but lots of rain, so far no issues at all in the rain.

I pulled my neighbors chevy 2500 diesel out of a ditch a little while back, the front end was buried to the bumper. His wife tried to drive through the ditch to load a lawn mower in the back but didn't make it past the front end. A 3500 4x4 ford tried and he didn't budge it, I pulled her out in 4 HI with no issues at all. They surprised me when I did it.

Neal

Old 03-20-2018, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by H2Miami
Synthetickiller good info. I didnt know th here was a measure difference . I will check the ones you mentioned.

How about Toyo .
Seems to be very popular in off/on road vehicles such jeeps

Bfg are out of my list. May offer one of the nice ,Quiet Rides . But not the look Im trying to get . I can sacrifice the look a little bit for the ride but still the bfg are to plain
I bought the toyo open country at2 extremes. 35x12.50x20. I ve put about 50000km on them and they still have lots of tread. Good looking tire, quiet and good wear. However, they hydroplane easily in rain and snow. I didnt feel they performed well off road, but they are an a/t. I would also check the weights as these seem heavy and my mileage definately dropped after replacing the oem bfgs. This may have been a result of heavier rims as well.

Old 03-21-2018, 03:02 PM

Depending on how soon you need tires, a buddy of mine is getting the STT Pros in 35x12.5r18 on his ram 2500. I'll let you know how they ride.

Mods, if links to other (non-hummer) forums aren't allowed, please remove...

There's a Tacoma forum where a lot of people ordered the Firestone MT2s. I've been leery of the brand ever since the blowouts in the 90s, but it's been so long, I doubt any of those engineers work there anymore.

Anyways, the guys there seem to love them & they ride smoothly, apparently, for whatever it's worth. Have a read:
https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/...on-mt2.507598/

Quick Reply: Tires?