PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

To those who have Navigation with their H2

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 05:55 PM
Default To those who have Navigation with their H2

Hi guys, just out of curiosity for those who bought their H2 with Navigation, are they any good? Is it worth the extra money to get that option?

Old 06-28-2007, 06:04 PM
Default RE: To those who have Navigation with their H2

I did not get it with mine, and I wish I did.If you travel much, it's a great option. Unless you go aftermarket.

Old 06-28-2007, 06:12 PM

Hey blackstangs, thanks for the quick response! I do travel a lot and half the time I can do without navigation since I usually have my PDA phone on me, but nothing beats in-dash navigation that auto updates as you drive along. But what i'm curious about is if Hummer's Navigation (or GM's navigation units) are worth it? My friend's BMW's navigation is terrible; he says it takes forever to recalculate directions, it's difficult to use, etc.

On another note, as of now, I am definitely leaning towards ordering it lol unless someone convinces me not to.

Old 06-28-2007, 06:34 PM

There are a few members here with the factory nav. You will get your answers soon

The only downside to the H2 is the mpg. But, I guess if you are looking to get one, you already know that and have accepted it.

Did you get to drive one yet?

Old 06-28-2007, 07:18 PM

I got it in mine and now I wouldn't go without one. I was actually just programing a campground in PEI for tomorrows trip

Old 06-28-2007, 07:32 PM

Personally, I'd go AFTERMARKET!!! I have the Eclipse in my H2 and the wife has the OEMNav in her Escalade. I have SO MANY more functions than she does! Much easier to use IMO!!

Old 06-28-2007, 08:40 PM

Nav was a feature I insisted on having when I purchased my rig. [/align]Now that I have it I don't know how I did without it. Now I never ask for[/align]directions, just an address. GM will also give you two free updates on the Nav discs.[/align][/align]I had to read the manual to use it... but now that I know what I'm doing, it's all good.[/align]Voice commands, split screens, long, and short termvisual information works great! [/align]

Old 06-28-2007, 08:53 PM

I have a 2006 H2 with the OEM Nav system and love it. I have a 2006 H23 without Nav and wish I did. So, I just ordered a new 2008 H3 Alpha with Nav. The systemis very easy to use. One feature that also comes with the factory Nav system is XM satelite radio. Thought to myself, yea that is something I really need!!! A radio that isn't free broadcast. WELL, signed up for a three year contract and love the XM channels when traveling.

Get an OEM Nav.

Old 06-28-2007, 09:30 PM

I bought my 07 H2 with the nav and now with 4 months of owning it and 12,000 miles on it ( a trip to Miami and a trip to Canada) I wouldn't be caught dead without it. But with that said HummBob has a point with aftermarket and features but I do like the convenience of it being built in.

Old 06-28-2007, 10:06 PM

As of now, I am definitely considering the Navigation. I'm going to the dealer tomorrow to possibly put a deposit for the '08 H2. Wish me luck!

And thanks all for your input. I greatly appreciate all of it!

Quick Reply: To those who have Navigation with their H2