Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Sun Visor lighting issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2018, 03:27 PM
Default Sun Visor lighting issue

Hello everyone I'm knew to this forum and hope someone can help me. I have a 2007 H2 and had to replace a broken sun visor on the passenger side. (I feel its important to note the the drivers side sun visor light was working fine prior to me replacing the passenger sun visor.)
During the replacement of the passenger side visor (which by the way is a pain to get the old visor off) I pinched the wires a little but everything looked okay so I secured the wires with electrical tape. After the I put everything back together, the lights do not work on either visor. I figured maybe a fuse had blown but nothing in the manuals indicate there is a fuse specific to the sun visors. There are fuses for other cab lights, but all other cab lights seem to work fine. Because I thought maybe the wire had been compromised, I removed the visor once again (again still a pain to remove) and tested the wiring and it is okay.
Does anyone know if there is a fuse specific to or for the sun visors lighting? Any help is appreciated.
Thanks in advance, David

Old 12-17-2022, 09:11 PM
Default Did you fix it?

Hi, I am having a similar issue where I suspect fuse… did you find it?

Old 12-18-2022, 08:27 AM

According to the GM service manual there are no individual fuses for the Courtesy Lamps i.e. the power is common to all of them. This diagram may help (it is for a 2007)

As you can see there is nothing complex, possibilities are:
  • Missing ground connection to Inline Splice S301
  • Missing power connections to and Splice S300
  • Switch not working.
  • Lamp not working.
A missing ground looks favorite, however according to the diagram the vanity lamps also come on with the global courtesy lamp circuit (I presume there is a toggle switch for the light, on mine it's a push-button)

If global works it would means a missing connection to Inline Splice S305 or a bad switch.

Old 12-18-2022, 02:47 PM

Apologies, in my last post I confused Courtesy for Vanity, so please ignore my comment on switches.

Below is the expansion diagram of the Vanity symbols in my previous diagram (again for a 2007)

Inline Splice S305 supplies power (not S300), splice S301 is still the ground and the possibilities remain the same.

Your post prompted me to check own and I found none were working, so I assume the bulbs are blown (may be)

If a 2007 is the same as 05, then accessing the bulbs looks tricky, they appear to be soldered in and it also looks hard to continuity test the wiring.

However I found this video answers some of the questions, if my bulbs are blown I think I'll replace them with LEDs