PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spare Tire Removal Inquiry

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 07:36 PM
Default Spare Tire Removal Inquiry

I'm sure this has been posted but couldn't find a good thread...

How many have removed their spare wheel/tire from their H2 altogether? I have exchanged posts with a few here and am curious at the "comfort level" driving without a spare. Someone mentioned that he carries a tire repair kit and a can of air - not a bad idea... Thoughts and thanks!

Richard

Last edited by Man1nboat; 01-23-2013 at 09:07 PM.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:08 AM

I always carry my spare. a plug kit and can of air isn't gonna do **** if you rip the sidewall out of your tire 20 Miles from the nearest pavement. If you don't offroad at all then you always have the option of a tow from AAA but they wont come offroad to find you.

Old 01-24-2013, 06:26 PM

Damn.... I KNOW you're right. Wishful thinking I guess. I can't think of the last time I used my spare (It's been at least 10 years). Thanks for the response though...

Old 01-25-2013, 09:40 AM

Some new cars do not come with a spare. I think they have a can of some sort of fix a flat in the trunk now.
I don't off road my H2 and I think I would be fine without a spare but I like the looks of it hanging off my rear bumper so I keep it on there.

Old 01-25-2013, 10:12 PM

I took mine off and love it. It's not that hard to take on and off plan to reinstall before getting far from home.

Old 01-26-2013, 03:02 PM

I have a 2013 ZL1. In the trunk, about the size of a shoebox, is an air compressor, a tire repair kit and a note from the manufacturer that says...Good Luck! I left my spare on my H2 and feel good about having it with me. Could absorb some shock if you get rear-ended.

Old 01-26-2013, 09:18 PM
Default spare tire

When I first got my H2, it had the spare on the outside. I wanted mine on the inside so I changed mounts then decided just to keep my spare at home for long trips out of town. Otherwise I just call my local insurance agent for a tow to the tire shop where I have warranties on all 4 of my tires.

Old 01-26-2013, 10:02 PM

I do not carry a spare. I would if I go off road. It would be stupid not too.
Since I have air suspension I can air up my tires. With a plug I can fix the tire unless it is a complete blowout. The flat can then be fixed properly at a tire shop. My spare is inside and it would take too much cargo space.

Old 01-26-2013, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by nlhummer
I do not carry a spare. I would if I go off road. It would be stupid not too.
Since I have air suspension I can air up my tires. With a plug I can fix the tire unless it is a complete blowout. The flat can then be fixed properly at a tire shop. My spare is inside and it would take too much cargo space.

I have the springs on mine, but one of my projects is to have the factory compressor and the air line to the back of the H2 reinstalled so I too can fill up my tires. I have the compressor, the switch, the hose. All I need is the bolts to mount it and figure out the wiring to the front of the hummer so I can power it up.

Old 01-27-2013, 06:30 AM

Where do you think you will mount the compressor?

Quick Reply: Spare Tire Removal Inquiry