Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Should I Trade My H2

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2021, 06:07 PM

I'm in a similar line of thinking but am considering selling mine as well. Not going to go any trade in route though. My asking price will be high but very negotiable based on what a buyer wants to keep. My thinking is a lot of things I have done are things most H2 owners will ultimately want as far as easily removable accessories. Obviously certain things like having all leaks sorted, and some other bits like the all new brakes but a lot of other things I can easily remove and get the increase in price I'm asking for them. Factory u-steps for example - I plan to increase the price by $900 if those are included. I can unbolt them and put them up for sale and easily get that for them within a few days. I can take the forged Weld Racing wheels off with the nearly brand new Cooper STT Pro tires off and sell them nearly instantly on FB marketplace for $2500. My thinking is i'm going to make a list of every upgrade along with the current average used selling price of the upgrade (not retail) and show that with the ad. Don't want to spend 25k, no problem I can get you down to 15k, what do you want me to downgrade? I have all of the original parts (also in excellent condition) and can put them back on. The one snag is yeah, selling all of the other stuff individually is more of a pain though and some things will be a pain to remove.

Old 01-28-2021, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by HummerLaw
Thanks Hummerz! And yes, I negotiated the vehicle price first and then we brought the trade to the table. I did decide to go ahead and trade it in. So, no more H2 for me. 😢 But, I am now the proud owner of a 2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave! Now I guess I will be posting all of the extra parts I have left for sale. Thanks again.

Meet Oscar, our new addition to the family. 2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave.
Curious, what was your out the door price including tax / title / doc fees, with trade in?

Old 01-29-2021, 08:02 AM

I also thought about selling mine and getting the Gladiator. One of my buddies bought one and loves it.

Old 01-29-2021, 07:34 PM

mixman why do you want to sell if you don't mind?

Old 01-29-2021, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by calif phil
I also thought about selling mine and getting the Gladiator. One of my buddies bought one and loves it.
Do some research, you will lose a Hummer and end up with a cheep pickup @$1k($1,000.00usd)+ per month payment cost to purchase+maintenance+repairs over the loan agreement. IMO, waste of $$$$!

Old 01-30-2021, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by calif phil
Phil, I have to say that I love mine so far! I researched the heck out of them and everything it comes with, including the towing capacity, fit my need. If you are thinking about buying one join Tread Lightly club at treadlightly.org and after 30 days you get a 1% discount from FCA.

Old 01-30-2021, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by fastNYsix
Can you post a pic? and price? Someone on the forum might be interested.
Somehow I missed your question the other day. Sorry about that. I did learn yesterday that there is a “bidding war” over my H2 by 4 dealership employees.

Old 01-30-2021, 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by hummerz
Curious, what was your out the door price including tax / title / doc fees, with trade in?
HummerZ, I was out the door at $43,081 for a loaded 2021 Gladiator Mojave.

Old 01-30-2021, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by fastNYsix
mixman why do you want to sell if you don't mind?
We have moved to a rural area which has me driving about 40 miles each way every day..... so the fuel costs are high and I'm just not driving it much. I'm thinking that I'd rather someone have it that will use and appreciate it more.

Old 01-30-2021, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by HummerLaw
HummerZ, I was out the door at $43,081 for a loaded 2021 Gladiator Mojave.
What's the sticker price on your loaded 2021?

Quick Reply: Should I Trade My H2