Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Shopping list: third row seat, swing out spare tire carrier, led headlights and DRL!

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2022, 09:17 PM
Default Shopping list: third row seat, swing out spare tire carrier, led headlights and DRL!

Hi everyone,

so just got my H2 and am a newbie! I already know I want to eject the spare tire in the back and get a third row seat!

I also want to modernize the lights as well as get a new head unit with a back up camera and Bluetooth.

so, suggestions on going about this in a budget friendly way?

the stock wheels/tires size are next on the list….

she’s ready!

Old 01-31-2022, 12:10 AM

Welcome!

Looks great! What year is it? I personally wouldn't change the wheels. I may be wrong but those look like special edition wheels. If they are, then they're super rare. I love the look. Definitely would recommend moving the spare tire to a carrier on the rear. If you do that, look into getting a full 3rd row bench. I've seen it done a few times, and it looks cool compared to the one little jump seat.

As for a radio. Look and see if you want to spring for anything JVC, Kenwood, or Sony before looking for an amazon cheepy. They might be a bit more expensive, but it's well worth it. There's tons of options.

For lights, I'd leave the markers just the way they are. Doing LED swaps have been nothing but a pain for me, and the leds burn out for some reason. Get some jeep JK headlights(the oem housing can be modified to fit these and look factory).
This is what I did for tail lights and front DRLs
-Tail
https://www.ebay.com/itm/31219470523...evt=1&mkcid=28
-DRL and headlights
https://www.ebay.com/itm/17482245165...kAAOSweoRg3Dvl
These are the cheepies but I think they look cool with the Halos around them. I just sprung for the JW speaker headlights and fog lights without the Halo, though they were more expensive.

That color is awesome by the way.

Im extremely tired right now by the way so im sorry if my sentences make little to no sense.

Last edited by Gavin Costigan; 01-31-2022 at 12:21 AM.
Old 01-31-2022, 08:56 AM

You do have the best stock wheels. Those are a special edition wheel and are very hard to find. Those are forged made in the USA Alcoa wheels. If anything I'd just get bigger tires. 37's will fit with little to no rubbing. Can crank the front torsion keys a SMALL amount to level/rise the front a little. Max 2 inches and might need re-indexed torsion keys to get there. If you go more than 2 inches, the ride will get very harsh and puts a ton of extra strain on the front end.

As far as headlights. Any sort of aftermarket led "bulbs" in those reflector housings will be brighter but will blind the crap out of everyone on the road. The only good solution is aftermarket complete 7" headlights. Pretty much all of the cheap Chinese ones on eBay and Amazon are junk with poor beam patterns and reliability. Watch the reviews from Headlight Revolution (and others) on Youtube to get an idea. https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...%22+headlights

Good ones are not going to be cheap. Also pretty much all will require some cutting of the inner headlight bucket to make them fit except for the newest ones from Holley (Retrobright - they are awesome but a pair will cost you $400).

Replacing the DRL's with something else will require some custom mounting. There is nothing aftermarket made to direct fit those pockets. Lots of threads on here about what others have done.

Old 01-31-2022, 09:05 AM

Nice looking rig, I agree on the wheels, KEEP 'EM. Those are the same wheels that came on my 2006 Limited edition. Trucklite Phase 7 USA made headlights are what I am running in my H2.

Old 01-31-2022, 05:52 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Gavin Costigan
Welcome!

Looks great! What year is it? I personally wouldn't change the wheels. I may be wrong but those look like special edition wheels. If they are, then they're super rare. I love the look. Definitely would recommend moving the spare tire to a carrier on the rear. If you do that, look into getting a full 3rd row bench. I've seen it done a few times, and it looks cool compared to the one little jump seat.

As for a radio. Look and see if you want to spring for anything JVC, Kenwood, or Sony before looking for an amazon cheepy. They might be a bit more expensive, but it's well worth it. There's tons of options.

For lights, I'd leave the markers just the way they are. Doing LED swaps have been nothing but a pain for me, and the leds burn out for some reason. Get some jeep JK headlights(the oem housing can be modified to fit these and look factory).
This is what I did for tail lights and front DRLs
-Tail
https://www.ebay.com/itm/31219470523...evt=1&mkcid=28
-DRL and headlights
https://www.ebay.com/itm/17482245165...kAAOSweoRg3Dvl
These are the cheepies but I think they look cool with the Halos around them. I just sprung for the JW speaker headlights and fog lights without the Halo, though they were more expensive.

That color is awesome by the way.

Im extremely tired right now by the way so im sorry if my sentences make little to no sense.
Thanks for the response! I ordered the outside wheel carrier and a third row seat today...I'm OK with the wheels actually, but I wonder if I can go wider? Does anyone know if you can go wider with the 17" stock wheels? I need to figure out the headlights and DRLs....definitely need recommendations on ones with HALOs....thanks!!!

Old 01-31-2022, 05:57 PM

I'll need to check out the light reviews. I see so many Jeeps out there with the Halo lights! Kills me! But I don't really drive that much at night given the pandemic....been working from home and all the events I used to go to and host and such have been cancelled!!!

I finally got an ODB2 reader....check engine light was on and it looks like I need to change one of the O2 sensors...Bank 1 sensor 1...I think that's driver's side one which is harder to get to....bummer right?

Old 01-31-2022, 07:58 PM

Sylvania Zevo LED setup for both headlights and driving lights on our H2. No cutting, or other molestation. Plug and play. 20-minute job.

Old 01-31-2022, 11:17 PM

your O2 code might be caused by broken exhaust manifold bolts or bad exhaust or flange gaskets allowing unmetered air into the upstream exhaust.
sometimes bad intake manifold gaskets can also trigger O2 codes for the same reasons. but research your codes before swapping in parts.

Old 02-01-2022, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by bronxteck
your O2 code might be caused by broken exhaust manifold bolts or bad exhaust or flange gaskets allowing unmetered air into the upstream exhaust.
sometimes bad intake manifold gaskets can also trigger O2 codes for the same reasons. but research your codes before swapping in parts.
thanks! The specific code is P0135 suggesting Sensor 1 Bank 1. At least that's what the Scanning tool said. I'm taking it to a shop next week to get it addressed.

Old 02-01-2022, 12:46 PM

Quick Reply: Shopping list: third row seat, swing out spare tire carrier, led headlights and DRL!