Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Rear Passenger Window not rolling up or down

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2022, 03:47 PM
Default Rear Passenger Window not rolling up or down

I changed the rear passenger window switch and the motor/regulator. Still not working. There is power to the switch as it lights up but there is not motor noise when the switches are activated at both the rear passenger and the driver side controls. I also checked the 25 amp circuit breaker which was good. Any ideas as I have tried everything in my wheelhouse to get this to work?

Old 05-29-2022, 05:20 PM

Lockout Switch
Press the lockout switch to prevent passengers from operating the power windows from their switches. A light in the lockout switch will come on to show that the switch has been activated. Press the lockout switch again to return to normal operation.

Old 05-29-2022, 08:22 PM

if the above does not work then check at the window motor for power like you did the switch. if no voltage then check the wire harness going to the door for breaks. if power then your motor is bad.

Old 05-30-2022, 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by hummerz
Lockout Switch
Press the lockout switch to prevent passengers from operating the power windows from their switches. A light in the lockout switch will come on to show that the switch has been activated. Press the lockout switch again to return to normal operation.

thanks for the reply. This was the first thing i checked.

Old 05-30-2022, 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by bronxteck
if the above does not work then check at the window motor for power like you did the switch. if no voltage then check the wire harness going to the door for breaks. if power then your motor is bad.
There is power to the switch as the light is functioning under the switch. I replaced the regulator and motor as they are brand new as well.

Old 05-30-2022, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by drdrew01
I changed the rear passenger window switch and the motor/regulator. Still not working. There is power to the switch as it lights up but there is not motor noise when the switches are activated at both the rear passenger and the driver side controls. I also checked the 25 amp circuit breaker which was good. Any ideas as I have tried everything in my wheelhouse to get this to work?
Originally Posted by drdrew01
So assume it's the right rear door.?

If so, located inside the R/H "B" Pillar is connector C390, this connector has all the rear door control wiring on it.

If its the left rear then it's C310

The diagram below shows the wiring diagram, the Orange wires are the circuit breaker power LT DOORS and RT DOORS but these should be OK as you say you have power.

Also assume the LH rear window is working OK?

If so, you can compare signals for both doors with a multimeter, the three key ones are:-
  • Left Power Window Lockout Control BCM C6-A5 to C310-C
  • Right Power Window Lockout Control BCM C6-A5 to C390-C
  • Left Window Up Relay Control BCM C6-B8 to C310-C
  • Right Window Up Relay Control BCM C6-A8 to C390-C
  • Left Window Down Relay Control BCM C6-B7 to C310-B
  • Right Window Up Relay Control BCM C6-A7 to C390-B
Just connect the -Ve Probe to GND ( either on the plugs or chassis) and the +Ve Probe to the relative pins and operate the DDM switches.

If voltages read OK e.g. the Lockouts Toggle with the Window Lockout switch on the DDM, and similarly Up and Down Signals, then the problem is probably within the door, maybe a bad ground or loose / broken wire.

If one of the signals is missing, such as a Lockout, then it points to an output on the BCM, my speculative guess would be C6-A6 has no voltage on it.

Old 05-30-2022, 10:25 AM
Default Thanks Oceanbrave

This is extremely helpful. I will post results.

Old 06-04-2022, 06:43 AM

drdrew01 any progress?

Old 06-04-2022, 08:48 AM
Default No luck so far

I took off the b pillar to test out the harnesses. Unfortunately, I couldn't get to them as they were behind the metal frame. I've put about 30 hours into this project and finally decided I need to bite the bullet and take it in. I am assuming its the BCM or a wire connection which is out of my patience and tolerance level lol. I need the hummer for the next couple weeks and can't afford for the interior to be torn up. I may try again in a couple weeks. Will keep you posted.

Old 06-05-2022, 05:07 AM

drdrew01 well that's good info for the knowledge base, it appears access is not as easy as the diagram below suggests...

2 = C390

Quick Reply: Rear Passenger Window not rolling up or down