Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Rear Lift Gate Struts

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2020, 05:26 PM
Default Rear Lift Gate Struts

I found this deal for the Lift Gate Struts. I ordered a set to check them out. While the OEMs show different part numbers (Marked red left, green right anyway) they have the same part # for both and seem to be a direct replacement. I ordered a few more sets just to have on the shelf. I thought the listing might be a mis-print, but for $3.99 a set with free shipping (Amazon Prime), how can you go wrong...
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07HRGCV87/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07HRGCV87/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Old 03-11-2020, 06:06 PM

Nice find. Whoever posted that listing forgot a digit. lol

Old 03-12-2020, 07:16 AM
Default Life gate strut

Wow! I think I paid $39 on mine few months ago.
I ordered again for $3.99 I can save it for back up.
thanks

Old 03-12-2020, 11:29 AM

Those of us with dual ladders cant use them

Old 03-12-2020, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by hummer_on_fumes
Those of us with dual ladders cant use them
That and having to wait 8 months to get a set from GOBI. I will say the upgraded struts with dual ladders are a must though!

Old 03-12-2020, 01:14 PM

There is an exact equivalent from Lift Support Depot that I found, where I believe Gobi uses the same ones and slaps their own sticker over top; has held my liftgate up so far even in 0 degree weather with 2 ladders, and i didn't have to wait a year for them, i linked the item # in another thread
I'll never buy another Gobi product
I have noticed with the cheaper struts though, they rust and crap out rather quick, so i'd be leery of $3 Chinese ones on amazon

Old 03-12-2020, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by hummer_on_fumes
There is an exact equivalent from Lift Support Depot that I found, where I believe Gobi uses the same ones and slaps their own sticker over top; has held my liftgate up so far even in 0 degree weather with 2 ladders, and i didn't have to wait a year for them, i linked the item # in another thread
I'll never buy another Gobi product
I have noticed with the cheaper struts though, they rust and crap out rather quick, so i'd be leery of $3 Chinese ones on amazon
Correction: "Lift Support Depot" also sells the "Chinese ones"!
They also sell the Made In USA replacement 6503 manufactured in South Carolina:::> Strong Arm
When you see these #'s as replacements::::>SG230052 SG230053
That's Germany Manufactured::::> ZF & stabilus (aka:sachs)
If you add weight to your lift gate, increase the load weight or get a locking gas spring. Bloc-O-Lift
Btw, Gobi is price gouging, selling the gas springs for $145.00.. with unknown origin?;;;>>>>> GOBI

@ $145.00 This is what you get with the GOBI WARRANTY:INTELLIGENT DESIGNS 2000 CORPORATION
This limited one year warranty covers ONLY Intelligent Designs 2000, Corporation (”ID2000”) products. Please review the terms and conditions of the limited warranties below.
LIMITED ONE YEAR WARRANTY
All warranties and representations, except as set out below, are hereby disclaimed, (including fitness for the purchaser’s intended use or purpose and merchantability), all products being sold AS IS, without warranty beyond that made herein, with the purchaser assuming: 1) the entire risk as to the quality and performance of the goods, 2) the cost of any repairs not covered herein.
Intelligent Designs 2000 Corporation warrants, as limited herein, to the original purchaser that its product which have been properly installed per provided instructions are free from defects in material and/or workmanship. At Intelligent Designs 2000 option, the purchaser’s remedy hereunder shall be limited to repair or replacement of defective parts returned to the place of purchase or to Intelligent Designs 2000 at the purchaser’s expense.
Intelligent Designs 2000 warranty, as herein, shall only be effective while the original purchaser owns the vehicle on which the product or products was installed and shall not apply if the product has been removed from the original vehicle. Intelligent Designs 2000 warranty is void if any damage to the product or products is due to misuse, abuse, neglect, accident, improper installation, or contact with on-road or off-road hazards, product modification, improper or inadequate maintenance or any use contrary to the instructions accompanying the product. Intelligent Designs 2000 warranty only covers the cost of the defective part and not the cost of removal, installation, and painting or other incidental or consequential charges or damages, or personal injury damages, and does not cover use of any product on racing vehicles. Intelligent Designs 2000’s warranty is not transferable from the original purchaser.
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY DOES NOT APPLY TO:
1. Damages or problems that result from shipping, installation, maintenance, or separate system components.
2. Damages or problems that result from misuse, abuse, operation outside environmental specifications or contrary to the requirements or precautions in the Installation Instructions, accident, lightning strikes or other natural causes, unauthorized modification or alteration, incorrect electrical current or voltage, other causes not arising out of defect in material or workmanship.
3. Therefore, the cost of repair or replacement of such defective product shall be borne by the customer.
To assure product quality, Intelligent Designs 2000 reserves the right to change product designs, materials, specifications and finishes without prior notice to customers. Intelligent Designs 2000’s warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state. Some states do not limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitations may not apply to you. Also, some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. Intelligent Designs 2000 reserves the right to discontinue product lines and substitute products or provide other remedies other than those listed in the limited warranty for those discontinued products.
THIS WARRANTY IS IN LIEU OF ANY OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANT ABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. TO THE EXTENT ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY IS REQUIRED BY LAW, IT IS LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE EXPRESS WARRANTY PERIOD ABOVE. INTELLIGENT DESIGNS 2000 CORPORATION/ GOBI RACKS USA WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND INCLUDING LOSS OF REVENUES OR PROFITS, IN CONNECTION WITH THE PRODUCT(S). SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS OR THE EXCLUSION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
REQUESTING WARRANTY COVERAGE
For this warranty to be effective, it is strongly recommended that the purchaser completes and returns the warranty registration to Intelligent Designs 2000 within ten days of the date of purchase. Replacement parts can be obtained by returning the part along with proof of purchase. Warranty claims cannot be determined until the merchandise is received and inspected. Returns made to Intelligent Designs 2000 will not be accepted without prior authorization from Intelligent Designs 2000. This included but is not limited to all shipping costs and all other incidental costs to be paid by the customer. Please call the customer service department at the number below.

Last edited by hummerz; 03-12-2020 at 10:00 PM.
Old 03-13-2020, 06:42 AM

So I found a company that has gas struts that are 67.77 (british pounds) shipped for a pair, the company is in the UK, provide an industrial-strength adjustable force gas struts, with an option to relieve pressure to tailor them to your needs. When I inquired I mention I had the extra weight of the ladders.

https://www.sgs-engineering.com/

In the contact form they asked me to have customers put "Hummer H2 gas struts - adjustable force version"

I ordered a pair to check them out / they are not listed on the website

Last edited by Booch; 03-13-2020 at 10:57 AM.
Old 03-13-2020, 07:33 PM

I think Strong Arm were the ones I had that rusted and crapped out after a few months

Old 11-16-2020, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Booch
So I found a company that has gas struts that are 67.77 (british pounds) shipped for a pair, the company is in the UK, provide an industrial-strength adjustable force gas struts, with an option to relieve pressure to tailor them to your needs. When I inquired I mention I had the extra weight of the ladders.

https://www.sgs-engineering.com/

In the contact form they asked me to have customers put "Hummer H2 gas struts - adjustable force version"

I ordered a pair to check them out / they are not listed on the website

I forgot to update my findings I installed these and wow what a difference the door opens and rises effortless and maintains a nice height "fully open" till I close it