Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Programming Remotes For Different Drivers

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2018, 08:32 PM
Default Programming Remotes For Different Drivers

I see tons of threads on adding remotes but no one seems to mention how to address them as 1 and 2 for the auto seat positioning. When you program the new remotes, does the vehicle automatically recognize the 1st remote programmed as user 1 and the second remote as user 2 ?

Old 07-08-2018, 08:29 AM

It is in the owners manual. I'd have to look in the manual but I'm pretty sure you first use one of the two remotes, get in start it up, set everything the way you want, seat, mirrors, etc, then press and hold one of the two memory buttons on the drivers door until it beeps. Then repeat the process for the other one and use the second memory button.

Old 07-08-2018, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by MixManSC
It is in the owners manual. I'd have to look in the manual but I'm pretty sure you first use one of the two remotes, get in start it up, set everything the way you want, seat, mirrors, etc, then press and hold one of the two memory buttons on the drivers door until it beeps. Then repeat the process for the other one and use the second memory button.
I understand that part, but the remotes have to be already configured as 1 and 2 for that feature to work. The factory remotes have a 1 and 2 engraved on the back of them. Right now I only have a "2" remote. I'd like to just buy 2 new replacement remotes. When you use a remote, the display in the vehicle says "Driver 1" or "Driver 2" based on the engraved number on the rear of the remote from the factory. How do I learn in 2 new remotes and address them as 1 & 2? When you learn the new remotes into the vehicle, is the first one considered "Driver 1" and the second remote you learn into the system "Driver 2"?

Last edited by Drumwzrd; 07-08-2018 at 10:36 AM.