Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

poly body mounts

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2020, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by bronxteck
many of my H2 body mount bolts looked like this

Thanks for the pic. I've seen/removed/broken many, worst shape than that, and always wondered how the body stayed attached to the frame? H2 is not a granny driver with low profile/weight car.

Old 05-30-2020, 02:32 PM

hell i was surprised that came out with an impact gun lol. i had no idea it was like that. that one was removed from the second mount behind the front wheel well.

Old 05-30-2020, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by hummerz
Most likely a diameter variance. Still same height since the bolts are the same. Back to the bolts, I've been under hundreds of thousands of vehicles, and I've seen body bolts broken on their own, due to rust out on the shank. I've also replaced thousands of body mount bushings, and its like rolling dice if the bolt breaks or not. Bottom line, the tensile strength of the bolt has deteriorated over time and I would never reuse a bolt that holds my cargo to the frame.
2 Ways I would go, buy 12kits I listed above from RA and purchase 2- 25806622 and 4- 10358347, or buy 6 kits posted, and purchase the complete rear 6 from gm(all the part numbers are listed on gm parts sites, or you can always call your local gm dealer to compare pricing)
Either way, still cheaper than buying 12 dorman boxed(SKP) 924-040 @ around $50 each =$600.00+.

example of a body mount bolt:

thanks. I ordered the GM body mounts (uppers) and also bought the lower GM bushings.

Old 05-03-2023, 12:18 AM

So I have a question about these body mounts. I order an Energy Suspension set (#3.1456) for my 2007 H2 for a fraction of the price of OEM. $242 for the set of upper + lower + the large fender washers.
All of the 12 mounts in the kit are the same. I am told they will fit by another member on this board who used them.

BUT.....GM lists 4 different part numbers for the upper halfs of these mounts. Why is that? What is so special about them? Different diameter or thickness?

I also note that @hummerz above mentioned Dorman #924-040 which appears to fit the 2007 H2 Hummer, and all 12 would be the same. But I can not find any info on the Dorman website about this part fitting the 2007 H2. Confusing as hell.

Can anyone shed some light on this please?

Old 05-04-2023, 05:30 PM

I have replaced all of my body mounts with the same exact part, I confirmed after removing them all, they were the exact same. The Energy suspension ones should work as well. And if you get a bunch of the shims you can do a slight body lift with it as well!

Old 05-04-2023, 05:54 PM

@coffeydp Thanks for confirming thayour body mounts were all the same. I presume you bought the Dorman brand?

What year is your H2?

I am wondering if there is a difference between they 03-09 body mount configuration, but I don't think so?
So I cannot understand why GM has 4 different part numbers for the upper mounts.

Can I ask you how you lifted the body? Where did you put the supports for the floor jack? I can not find a single spot to distibute the weight along say a 2 foot piece of timber. Just no room that I can find under there. I must be missing some piece of info.
Or did you get a shop with a hoist to do it for you? Even with that, I have to idea how to lift the body off the frame without damage.

Last edited by finall; 05-04-2023 at 05:59 PM.
Old 05-04-2023, 06:23 PM

Yeah it was the Dorman brand from Rock Auto. I have a 2003, the 08-09 Models could have different mounts as things did change a bit then.

Not sure, could be just a supplier change or something else.

Sure, I used the side steps, put a long 4X4 underneath and jacked it up that way. It spread the weight just fine. I was able to get about 3-4 inches total lift on each side, which is plenty to pull out all of the mounts. Zip off all the bolts on one side, jack it up, watching the harnesses, swap out o the whole side, lower hand tighten then switch to the other side and do the same. Then finally torque to spec all the way around. If you don't have to deal with any broken bolts shouldn't be more that about an hour.

Word of advice, pre-treat the radiator support body mounts prior to doing the job. The nuts are welded inside the box area, and you don't want to break the weld on those, it is a huge PITA to have to fish that in to place to tighten.

Old 05-04-2023, 07:15 PM

@coffeydp Much thanks for the info.

Your side steps are attached to the body, not frame? That must have been easy.

On my 07, the side steps are attached to the rock rails. The rock rails are attached to the frame, not body.
So I have to figure out a different way.

Did you have to loosen any lines or radiator support or anything else prior to jacking your body up? I know some people have said that they did have to do that.

These are the rock rails that are attached to the FRAME. The side steps bolt to them (not shown in photo).

Last edited by finall; 05-04-2023 at 07:34 PM.
Old 05-04-2023, 11:46 PM

Ah Gotchya, you have the factory ones, I have some aftermarket ones. If you take your rails off you will have a flat body surface you can use a 2x4 on and jack up the body that way. Nope pretty much only thing attached to the body is the wiring harness and just watch the steering column.