PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Plasti-Dipped my wheels black on my H2

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 01:23 PM

subscribed! keep us updated on the wear. i'm gonna do my Jeep first when i put new tires on it later this month.

Old 05-08-2012, 07:29 PM

I will surely keep you guys updated on the wear. Just washed it this afternoon and they still look fantastic.

Old 06-08-2012, 08:35 PM

That's a great looking ride. Stopped by Lowes today and picked up 6 cans. They were almost sold out of the stuff. Thanks for the pictures

Old 06-16-2012, 06:53 PM

First of newbie here. I have had big bad diesel trucks for the last 15month years. 9 total. This suv things is new to me and im totally hooked. One of the best vehicles I have every owned. But back to the thread at hand. I have plasti dipped almost everything on a vehicle. First thing I did with my h2 was grill, gas door cover and chrome spare tires piece. I always hit a thin coat of primer first. It seems to not peel as easy. I get a car wash every day ( friend owns a gas station) and it holds up great. I have had atleast 50 washes and no issues. I have learned the primer helps then about 6 very thin coats. Good luck and keep spraying

Old 07-27-2012, 05:47 PM

Hey fellas, just curious to see how this stuff is holding up to use?

Old 08-01-2012, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by sirbob
Mine is holding up wonderfully. Have not had an issue yet. Still highly recommended!

Old 08-02-2012, 03:48 AM

Originally Posted by sirbob
I don't remember if I posted this here....

I went through a new auto carwash with very high pressure nozzles that spray in circles to hit the wheels. Lets just say I was cutting away blasted off plasti dip to respray those areas.

I think using my gas pressure washer at home it would hold up being careful but I won't be hitting any car washes soon unless I either do something more permanent or throw the money down for black rims.

Old 07-05-2017, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by nncanfarelli
Mine is holding up wonderfully. Have not had an issue yet. Still highly recommended!
I know it has been 6 years and you may not have the truck any more... but how well did it hold up? Years? Did it ever peel? Do you even still post on this forum?

Old 07-10-2017, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by hummer_on_fumes
I know it has been 6 years and you may not have the truck any more... but how well did it hold up? Years? Did it ever peel? Do you even still post on this forum?
Wow... reading that thread brought back some memories! I miss that truck. I kept it until fall of '14.
The plastidip was great until came time to get new tires. It peeled away around the tire beads. I ended up just masking off the tires again and touching up the wheels while they were still on the truck. Looked great up until the time I sold it! I'd like to tell you how they're doing today, but I sold the truck to a guy that came from 2 states away to pick it up. Best of luck to you if you decide to spray yours. I'd do it again in a heartbeat!

Old 07-10-2017, 09:47 AM

It's all in the prep work. I didn't want to scuff my stock wheels since I didn't know how I would like the black look. That is why mine peeled, nothing is going to properly stick to slick chrome. However, the plasti dip did fade badly as well in the AZ sun and began to look grey and terrible. I've always said, plasti dip is fun to play around with and see if you like certain colors but it is no means a permanent solution in my book.

Quick Reply: Plasti-Dipped my wheels black on my H2