Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

New engine update

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2021, 05:56 PM
Default New engine update

Sorry this project kinda got put on the back burner. I had eye surgery and it really kicked my butt.

So new engine is a base brand new GM LS364/450 long block. I exchanged the rectangle port heads for some 243 CNC'd cathedral port heads which also bumped compression up to about 11 to 1. I then added a BTR stage 2 truck cam with springs and correct push rods. Induction is via a TBSS intake with 92mm gold throttle body and 36 lb/hr flex fuel injectors. Since I added a choppy cam, I also installed a TBSS I6 converter, which should stall between 2600 and 2800 rpm. I already had purchased some shorty Gibson headers so they will handle the exhaust thru a Gibson cat back.

I'm hoping for an honest 450hp. I've also invested in HP Tuners but will get it tuned professionally to start with. Once it gets good and broken in if it lacks anything, I'll throw an LSA blower on it and let it eat.

Progress pics:

Old 03-11-2021, 07:34 PM

very nice, keep us posted on your progress

Neal

Old 03-13-2021, 08:13 AM

What a beauty, that thing is going to rip when you get it done.

Old 03-14-2021, 03:04 AM

"But it's a Hummer not a race carr!!!!111oneeleven"
A thing of absolute beauty, kindest of sirs!
I can't wait for a clip of her, cold start...that cam...the rumble...mannnnn!

Old 03-14-2021, 11:34 PM

Nice! I wanna see a blower on it. Even just for the sound lol.

Old 03-15-2021, 09:56 AM

It will be running in a day or so. Closer inspection of the condenser revealed that it was about to let go any day now so I went ahead and ordered a new one as well as new AC Delco compressor and dryer. They arrive today so I'll make a big push this afternoon.

The blower will happen once this long block is broken in. I've been wanting one for long enough plus I want to see if the transmission will hold or not. I've been eye balling a 4L80e swap too. Too many projects, I have a fatty front tire to go on my new Road Glide Special as well.

TH

Old 03-15-2021, 10:15 AM

Looks awesome. I'm interested in the 4l80 swap also.

Old 03-21-2021, 03:05 PM

This has been draggin out! First my eye surgery, now the flu. Lots of things to change to accommodate the new set up. The last few things are the right oil filter, the right oil filler neck, a MAP sensor conversion harness and 2 exhaust gaskets. I hope to test fire tomorrow. I completely replaced the entire AC system while I had the space to do it. I was going to put in electric fans but what I have is not a direct bolt in so I figured I had enough to do without it.

Tim

Old 03-22-2021, 10:33 AM

its back where it belongs, now tie up the loose ends and get it cranked.

get a video it you can,

Neal

Old 03-22-2021, 10:42 AM

I have everything needed to install the 4:56 gears but two hurricanes and an ice storm really put a damper on my upgrades

I think the blower will the final upgrade on mine when I get everything else done, the low end torque should really make a big difference with our heavy trucks.

I'm very interested in your thoughts on the converter once you get it running, it took me a little time to get warmed up to mine but wouldn't change it now

Neal

Quick Reply: New engine update