PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help with front end / torsion bar

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 12:41 PM
Default Need help with front end / torsion bar

HEllo everyone

After reading in my another thread the problem with vibration could be the torsion bar and the front height .
I took a couple pics . if you can compare it to yours I will appreciate .

The height on the front is 17" ... please advise any other way to take the measures ..

Also I replace the yellow stop-bumper on the right but is it normal the way it looks ? look at the pic

Thank you in advance

Need help with front end / torsion bar-2013-02-28-13-34-07.jpg

Need help with front end / torsion bar-h2-stop.jpg

Last edited by H2Miami; 02-28-2013 at 12:50 PM.
Old 02-28-2013, 04:44 PM

I just measured mine.... I am 18" and there is ~ 1/8 gap below the yellow pad.

Old 02-28-2013, 05:10 PM

Just measured mine, 18 1/8. there a slight gap between arm and pad as well.
You should be able to fix it very easily and for very little cost.
Take it to a reputable alignment shop and ask them to raise it just a little with the torsion bars and realign it.
I wonder what the stock height was though. maybe mines sagging as well.

Old 02-28-2013, 07:43 PM

No no no... 18" good :-).... North Hollywood? My old stomping grounds. Lived on Craner and Lankershim...

Old 02-28-2013, 07:44 PM

Yessss finally a answer to that annoying vibration/sagging ... Im planning to change the shocks anyway but could the bad shock cause the problem or it is only the torsion bar ,,, BTW is that something that usually happens or should I look for what cause the problem with the bar

I was looking for the stock height but didnt find anything ...

Thank you

Old 02-28-2013, 07:59 PM

I don't believe that shock do anything with height (maybe a smidge...) and I agree with H2 that you should have your torsion bars adjusted and realigned. That may also create a space under the yellow bump pad as well. My H2 looks level and I believe that 18" is probably the number you should shoot for. I recommend Bilstein's all around.

Richard

Old 02-28-2013, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by Man1nboat
I don't believe that shock do anything with height (maybe a smidge...) and I agree with H2 that you should have your torsion bars adjusted and realigned. That may also create a space under the yellow bump pad as well. My H2 looks level and I believe that 18" is probably the number you should shoot for. I recommend Bilstein's all around.

Richard
Im going to lift it 1" tomorrow , for a 18" height ... Now I realized why I see my H2 slightly smaller than most on the street

Will post pics and results

Old 02-28-2013, 10:10 PM

To truly measure the suspension height you need to measure from two fixed points on the truck that only the suspension will affect. The most common is the center of the axle hub to the lower edge of the fender directly above that wheel. There will be a different measurements for the front and the back and each side should match the other.

The way you all have measured, from the ground to the skid plate or bottom of the frame, could be changed by minor things like letting some of the air in your tires out or pumping them up more or different size rims. Also the different kinds of tires will affect that height based on the amount of tread or lugs on them, or simply from having more tread left on the same set of tires than a different person.

By measuring from the center of the axle, which is also the center of the wheel, to the bottom of the fender you eliminate all of those extra variables. This is assuming everyone measuring has the same fenders. Just something to think about.

Ross

Old 02-28-2013, 10:18 PM

My yellow rubber stops look just like yours..no gap, My height is 17 1/4..

Old 02-28-2013, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by rsmith77
To truly measure the suspension height you need to measure from two fixed points on the truck that only the suspension will affect. The most common is the center of the axle hub to the lower edge of the fender directly above that wheel. There will be a different measurements for the front and the back and each side should match the other.

The way you all have measured, from the ground to the skid plate or bottom of the frame, could be changed by minor things like letting some of the air in your tires out or pumping them up more or different size rims. Also the different kinds of tires will affect that height based on the amount of tread or lugs on them, or simply from having more tread left on the same set of tires than a different person.

By measuring from the center of the axle, which is also the center of the wheel, to the bottom of the fender you eliminate all of those extra variables. This is assuming everyone measuring has the same fenders. Just something to think about.

Ross
Makes a lot of sense ... I will do that way before touch the torsion bar , In any way Im sure there is a problem cause the frame is resting on the yellow bumpers ... In fact one was worn , the other is not so good ...

Will post the before and after pics .. Btw is it possible to level the front and the back using the TB ... would this affect the part in any way

Thanks for the input

Quick Reply: Need help with front end / torsion bar